Head Cast/Life Cast Help

TheDarkKnight08

Hi,

My name is Mike and I am looking to find someone in the Wisconsin/Northern Illinois area that knows how to do a Head Cast with Alginate and doesn't charge an arm and a leg to do so. I am learning to sculpt and would like a full head and shoulders bust of myself to make masks and things on. Anyone that can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I have watched YouTube videos and see how the process is done but can't very well do that on myself :) I have done it with plaster bandages and it turned out ok but I was hoping for better detail and full shoulders as well. Thank you,

Mike

smooth-on website has very good video tutorials on how to do this. Just need a friend, it really is not hard to do.

Please be careful if you resort to youtube. I've been doing this for almost 20 years and I've seen some really scary "how-to's" on youtube. You can easily kill a person or maim them if you do it wrong. Do your research and you should be fine. Remember, it's safety first, not safety third.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back