Head Cast/Life Cast Help

TheDarkKnight08

Hi,

My name is Mike and I am looking to find someone in the Wisconsin/Northern Illinois area that knows how to do a Head Cast with Alginate and doesn't charge an arm and a leg to do so. I am learning to sculpt and would like a full head and shoulders bust of myself to make masks and things on. Anyone that can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I have watched YouTube videos and see how the process is done but can't very well do that on myself :) I have done it with plaster bandages and it turned out ok but I was hoping for better detail and full shoulders as well. Thank you,

Mike

smooth-on website has very good video tutorials on how to do this. Just need a friend, it really is not hard to do.

Please be careful if you resort to youtube. I've been doing this for almost 20 years and I've seen some really scary "how-to's" on youtube. You can easily kill a person or maim them if you do it wrong. Do your research and you should be fine. Remember, it's safety first, not safety third.

Back