HCG ALIENS HERO M41A PULSE RIFLE - Modification Thread

Heres a link to the thread with a couple pictures of the HCG shrouds on my full metal 10 hole PR if case any of you havent seen it yet. Matsuo did some milling on the inside of the shrouds and I had to do a bit more after receiving it but not much. I had to remove some metal to clear the mag release lever on the Thompson. also the3re is a pivot pin on the Thompson that happens to be just under the on/off switch so I had to grind that down a little. The SD studios upper has to have a little ground off the upper front to fit in the shrouds.
Very good quality stuff BTW. I wish I could afford another one right now. The HCG resin mag will slide into the thompson and actually works pretty well (you can see it n the pictures). You just have to grind the hole that catches the mag release a little further up in order to allow it to lock in place. 2 minute job really with a Dremel.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/full-metal-hero-pulse-rifle-nope-no-droop-here-98499/

BTW, resist the urge to slam the magazine into place. It shatters like glass. In fact, under the paint its even transparent like glass. Dont ask how I know.

Last edited:
Hi!

I would like to fix this problem ...

41788357.jpg

Who has the best technic? I don't want to damage my PR.

Thanks!

Check out the other big HCG PR thread... there is some discussion on how to fix it there. Basically it involves heating up the PR where the SPAS enters the shroud so that the industrial glue softens enough to allow repositioning. Not sure if anyone has really tried and succeeded yet.

Hi!

Who has the best technic? I don't want to damage my PR.

Thanks!

Check out the other big HCG PR thread... there is some discussion on how to fix it there. Basically it involves heating up the PR where the SPAS enters the shroud so that the industrial glue softens enough to allow repositioning. Not sure if anyone has really tried and succeeded yet.

That can be risky for the plastic. I didn't found another solution.

That can be risky for the plastic. I didn't found another solution.

Risky, yes but there doesn't seem to be any other solution at the moment besides tearing it apart and replacing parts. The only way to move that SPAS cage is to loosen up the glue that is holding it.

Risky, yes but there doesn't seem to be any other solution at the moment besides tearing it apart and replacing parts. The only way to move that SPAS cage is to loosen up the glue that is holding it.

I wonder if a hairdryer or an electric baseboard heater can do the job.

Last edited:
I don't have a Heat Gun. What about if i use an electric baseboard heater?

What kind of temps can you get out of one of those? I don't know the melting point of the glue inside the PR but I believe they used industrial strength hot glue. I think you need something that will give you well over 100 degrees Celsius. You should be able to get a heat gun for 10-20 bucks. They're useful to have around at times.

What kind of temps can you get out of one of those? I don't know the melting point of the glue inside the PR but I believe they used industrial strength hot glue. I think you need something that will give you well over 100 degrees Celsius. You should be able to get a heat gun for 10-20 bucks. They're useful to have around at times.

I fear for the paint. This is not an easy task! I need more opinions ...

That was me.:love Dont use a heat gun as it will bubble the paint....I know. I left it in the sun for about a half hour on a sunny 92 degree day sitting upside down on the carry handle. Brought it inside and let it cool. No problems. Note that I only had a slight barrel droop so it didnt have far to travel. While it was still nice and warm I could flex the whole GL assembly. That told me that it was indeed heat reactive glue inside. Tommin and Matt also gave me the heads up before I started playing PR Baker.

Christian

EDIT: I see you live in the Great White North Eh? I would put it in the oven on its lowest setting with the door open. Put a meat thermomoter inside so you can read it. Try 20 at maybe 120 if you can get it that low.

Last edited:
That was me.:love Dont use a heat gun as it will bubble the paint....I know. I left it in the sun for about a half hour on a sunny 92 degree day sitting upside down on the carry handle. Brought it inside and let it cool. No problems. Note that I only had a slight barrel droop so it didnt have far to travel. While it was still nice and warm I could flex the whole GL assembly. That told me that it was indeed heat reactive glue inside. Tommin and Matt also gave me the heads up before I started playing PR Baker.

Christian

EDIT: I see you live in the Great White North Eh? I would put it in the oven on its lowest setting with the door open. Put a meat thermomoter inside so you can read it. Try 20 at maybe 120 if you can get it that low.

I live near of Quebec City in Canada and the winter is now here.

What do you think if i use a electric baseboard heater? The oven is risky! I fear for the plastic.

In another thread you mentioned that you had not heard back from the company that you purchased the PR from.

I don't think you should do anything to it until you do, otherwise they may say you damaged it and voided any warranty. Once you know for sure that they are not going to replace it or give you your money back, then you can start messing with it in hopes of fixing it.

In another thread you mentioned that you had not heard back from the company that you purchased the PR from.

I don't think you should do anything to it until you do, otherwise they may say you damaged it and voided any warranty. Once you know for sure that they are not going to replace it or give you your money back, then you can start messing with it in hopes of fixing it.

I receive a reply from the store this morning and the only solution is a refund. So if i can fix it, i will be very happy.

I hope to find the best solution ASAP.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back