Hawkeye folding bow in Avengers trailer

Watching thread with anticipation...Have been a huge hawkeye since forever.....sucks that you all are getting me into the idea of hmm Maybe I needs this suit and bow and quiver for my own.....not a good thing on the pocketbook...

That would be sweet, I would love the templates/instructions Ironwarrior777, and i am with you stormshadow i am wanting to start on this one but it probably will take a toll on the pocketbook

How come Green Arrow doesn't have any green in his costume?

HA!

At least Hawkeye doesn't have boxing glove arrows and crazy crap like that.

To those who aren't Hawkeye fans...wasn't it Hawkeye who was tied to a chair in the Ultimates and killed a room full of men by prying out his own fingernails and flicking them? Pretty much the most badass thing ever put in a superhero comic.

And add me to the list of people who are glad he's shooting a recurve!

I think the recurve is impressive. When it pops out and expands, I was like Keanu Reeves the first time: "whoahhh..."

And after seeing these stills, being a lefty myself, I noticed pretty quickly he was a Southpaw shooter.

Looking at other Hoyt bows, it looks like the shape of the body is fairly standard to most of their models. They all have different shaped holes in them that could probably be duplicated on a different cheaper model. The limbs would have to be a custom job of course because I don't think you're going to find them with hinges anywhere. I might look into making one myself if I can get around to it.

Making one that looks like it works fairly easy, one that does, not so much. There's entirely too much load on the limbs that would be transferred to through the riser for it to actually work...Unless you had a team of mechanical engineers to figure out the calcs needed to make it functional and unlimited resources (think S.H.I.E.L.D :lol) to have one produced.
I'm going to get the bow from Hoyt (I shoot quite a bit on the side so the price isn't so painful), but I plan to add the faux details to the working bow so they don't interfere with it's function. If there's enough interest I would consider doing more than a one off set for folks to add to their own bow (if they can swing the cash) or that they can use for their own creations.

These could be made, or altered from the Hoyt bows and still be functional. It has to do with picking the right type of hinges and such, probably custom make a few. I would really like to tackle a few, but I'm super busy on Cap shields. Maybe one day.

^ yeah it could be modded to actually "flip" out or spring out, however you couldnt get it to do it with a string still attached

is it just me, or is the bow completely matte black? i guess they decided to do away with everything purple for him, since they're going with the ultimates outfit? :( man needs some purple.... just doesnt feel like good ol hawkeye *but i never really liked the ultimate verse*

Now the question is, who's going to buy a bow and recast the main/grip (riser?) section so it can be used for costuming.

$700 is a lot to spend for a prop bow.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back