Have you guys seen this tricorder from Japan?

Think Jedi

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just came across one of these at a resale shop here in Japan. It's a promo give-away item for purchasers of the full TNG DVD box set. Have you guys ever seen this before? It's a remote control for your DVD/VCR/TV. Very, very cool.

tJ

Nope, hadn't seen that before. Do you mind if I ask how much it was selling for? I'm not a big Trek fan, but I have buddies who are. If it's not outragously expensive it would be worth the effort of tracking one down for a gift.

Originally posted by RedTwoX@Jan 6 2006, 02:45 AM
Nope, hadn't seen that before.  Do you mind if I ask how much it was selling for?  I'm not a big Trek fan, but I have buddies who are.  If it's not outragously expensive it would be worth the effort of tracking one down for a gift.
[snapback]1151818[/snapback]​

I got this for about $100 US, but the problem is that they aren't for sale through retail channels. The store had more, so if you're interested, I could go back and see if I can scrounge more.

tJ

Originally posted by Think Jedi@Jan 5 2006, 09:50 PM
I got this for about $100 US, but the problem is that they aren't for sale through retail channels. The store had more, so if you're interested, I could go back and see if I can scrounge more.

tJ
[snapback]1151820[/snapback]​

I appreciate the offer, it's very kind of you, but these guys aren't that close of friends :lol If it were closer to $50 I probably would have taken you up on it.

Great find. I'm sure there will be others here ready to jump at the chance.

No problem. I need to be sure these actually work on TVs outside of Japan. I suspect they do, but I'm going to send one to a friend to check out for me.

tJ
Originally posted by RedTwoX+Jan 6 2006, 02:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedTwoX @ Jan 6 2006, 02:57 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Think Jedi
@Jan 5 2006, 09:50 PM

tJ
[snapback]1151820[/snapback]​

I appreciate the offer, it's very kind of you, but these guys aren't that close of friends :lol If it were closer to $50 I probably would have taken you up on it.

Great find. I'm sure there will be others here ready to jump at the chance.
[snapback]1151826[/snapback]​
[/b]

Those are pretty cool.

I'd love to have one, but with the purchase of a new notebook, wireless router, USB Wireless Adaptor, a few USB gender-reversal connectors, and a 512mb Pendrive, I'm tapped. If I had the $25 and the $20 and the $15 rebates in hand.. but I don't. ;(

-J

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back