Have you guys seen this tricorder from Japan?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Think Jedi

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just came across one of these at a resale shop here in Japan. It's a promo give-away item for purchasers of the full TNG DVD box set. Have you guys ever seen this before? It's a remote control for your DVD/VCR/TV. Very, very cool.

tJ

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Think Jedi

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Originally posted by Funky Jedi@Jan 6 2006, 02:39 AM
What is it?  A calculator?
[snapback]1151814[/snapback]​
Sorry, just modified my post. It's a remote control.

tJ

RedTwoX

Sr Member
Nope, hadn't seen that before. Do you mind if I ask how much it was selling for? I'm not a big Trek fan, but I have buddies who are. If it's not outragously expensive it would be worth the effort of tracking one down for a gift.

Think Jedi

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Originally posted by RedTwoX@Jan 6 2006, 02:45 AM
Nope, hadn't seen that before.  Do you mind if I ask how much it was selling for?  I'm not a big Trek fan, but I have buddies who are.  If it's not outragously expensive it would be worth the effort of tracking one down for a gift.
[snapback]1151818[/snapback]​
I got this for about $100 US, but the problem is that they aren't for sale through retail channels. The store had more, so if you're interested, I could go back and see if I can scrounge more.

tJ

RedTwoX

Sr Member
Originally posted by Think Jedi@Jan 5 2006, 09:50 PM
I got this for about $100 US, but the problem is that they aren't for sale through retail channels. The store had more, so if you're interested, I could go back and see if I can scrounge more.

tJ
[snapback]1151820[/snapback]​

I appreciate the offer, it's very kind of you, but these guys aren't that close of friends :lol If it were closer to $50 I probably would have taken you up on it.

Great find. I'm sure there will be others here ready to jump at the chance.

Think Jedi

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
No problem. I need to be sure these actually work on TVs outside of Japan. I suspect they do, but I'm going to send one to a friend to check out for me.

tJ
Originally posted by RedTwoX+Jan 6 2006, 02:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedTwoX @ Jan 6 2006, 02:57 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Think Jedi
@Jan 5 2006, 09:50 PM

tJ
[snapback]1151820[/snapback]​

I appreciate the offer, it's very kind of you, but these guys aren't that close of friends :lol If it were closer to $50 I probably would have taken you up on it.

Great find. I'm sure there will be others here ready to jump at the chance.
[snapback]1151826[/snapback]​
[/b]

Think Jedi

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Responded. I'm going to pick up as many as I can find from the store.

tJ
Originally posted by Jlewis@Jan 6 2006, 08:31 AM
PM sent.

J
[snapback]1151999[/snapback]​

Jedi Lawja

Those are pretty cool.

I'd love to have one, but with the purchase of a new notebook, wireless router, USB Wireless Adaptor, a few USB gender-reversal connectors, and a 512mb Pendrive, I'm tapped. If I had the $25 and the $20 and the $15 rebates in hand.. but I don't. ;(

-J