Finally have some shots to share of my candlegoyle. Freshly painted and installed above the TV. Now, if someone could tell me why pictures that are right side up get flipped, that would be great. I'll be adding oodles of pictures and info on the casting process in my other thread.

Thanks for looking

IMG_1716.JPGIMG_1718.JPGIMG_1720.JPGIMG_1724.JPGIMG_1725.JPGIMG_1727.JPG

This thread has been quiet for a while. I thought I would charge it up with my latest inspiration. These are the door skulls I sculpted to fit the dimensions of my fireplace. I still need to fill some gaps and color match the white but you can get the effect here. I really like this use of them because it's a way to 'live' with the props as utilitarian pieces rather than just display items. Hope this inspires others to 'transform' their living space to a more themed space.
skullfireplace.jpg

Awesome man the skulls look great! I had to put my diorama on hold for a bit to work on some commissions but I'm getting back to it starting next week, I can't wait to get back to it! I'll post some photos at some point in the next week or so. I stalk this thread looking for the latest in all things HM! I also started the transformation of my TV room... got a wall painted purple and have doorhandles in the works but that room will be a project for the fall.

Agreed...been looking to get better pics of those lines (to facilitate some vectors) and the lower center wainscoting in the buggy loading area for ages...hard to get good shots. Think I got one this last trip. Will be going through my camera today :)
I've been trying to get the "faces" on that wainscoating on every trip. Even shooting f/1.4, there just isn't enough light to get a good capture.

I'm going to call this one a wrap! Finally after years of "Tinkering"...a fully functional Haunted Mansion Snake Door Handle...as usual, for inspiration, not sale. This is on my office a.k.a. "The Sanctum" door :D

View attachment 710911
View attachment 710912
View attachment 710913
View attachment 710914
View attachment 710915
View attachment 710916
View attachment 710917
View attachment 710918
View attachment 710919
View attachment 710920

I have a resin handle somewhere. I would totally love one cast in metal. (HandSchaub, I know we've discussed in the past). Anybody up for a run?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a resin handle somewhere. I would totally love one cast in metal. (HandSchaub, I know we've discussed in the past). Anybody up for a run?

I would be willing to head this up. I only have resin castings though so I would need access to either a copy I can mold or a mold itself to pour wax.

And in the spirit of making HM items a part of my everyday life I took one of the door handle castings and put it to use in my work shop. It's mounted to an existing handle but again, it's a useful decoration. When the door is opened it looks great with my iron work. This is all by my BBQ area so I can look at it while cooking
. IMG_1994.JPG

I would be willing to head this up. I only have resin castings though so I would need access to either a copy I can mold or a mold itself to pour wax.

Did I ever send you my resin copy? I know I got it from Sporak who cast it from an original and he gave me written permission to re-cast it in bronze provided he could get in on the run ;) Looks like he hasn't been on since November of last year so don't know if we could track him down for the molds or not.

Did I ever send you my resin copy? I know I got it from Sporak who cast it from an original and he gave me written permission to re-cast it in bronze provided he could get in on the run ;) Looks like he hasn't been on since November of last year so don't know if we could track him down for the molds or not.

I'm aware of that copy. I speak once and awhile with his brother who worked at the parks. Unfortunately Sporak had an accident earlier (pm for details) hence his absence. Since it looks like there is quite a demand I will see about starting this project up and getting a functioning handle going.

Since most of us have a copy of the original I'm sure there is someone who can make an exact copy of the mirror and print it out? This way we can have both sides of hte door?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back