Hasbro Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper Helmet

My big question is why couldn't that have made the battery compartment accessible from the inside rather than made a visible outside panel? It's the main reason I have not purchased the Black Series Kylo Ren helmet.

My big question is why couldn't that have made the battery compartment accessible from the inside rather than made a visible outside panel? It's the main reason I have not purchased the Black Series Kylo Ren helmet.

I don't know for certain, but my guess would be some weird toy safety regulation that states batteries have to be in a certain place when a device is going to be marketed as wearable. Remember, regardless of who actually buys these things, its not marketed for an adult audience. This is made for older kids. I imagine there would be all sorts of safety regs dictating where you could place battery compartments when you factor in that there is a (slight) chance of batteries exploding. Can't have stuff like that close to someone's skin where it would cause harm and thereby opening up the manufacturer to lawsuits.

This is made for older kids. I imagine there would be all sorts of safety regs dictating where you could place battery compartments when you factor in that there is a (slight) chance of batteries exploding. Can't have stuff like that close to someone's skin where it would cause harm and thereby opening up the manufacturer to lawsuits.

Regarding the creation of the Black Series Line ( Derryl DePriest, Hasbro vice president of boys marketing 2013 in USA Today).

"Our focus here is the adult collector, the dad," DePriest says. "We know they have their own generation of youngsters they like to share the adventure with. It can be something for dad, and the 3¾ world can be something for the kids to share."

Besides. The battery compartment is still next to your head regardless of what side the access door is located. And if they were concerned about batteries exploding and lawsuits, then why make any toy with batteries?

If you guys are looking for decent cheap stands. I bought this stand in Nov for my rubies boba fett helmet.
for about $13.00 shipped
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antiqued-Co...780489?hash=item2cb20d5a09:g:TH4AAOSwI-BWIBCe

Stand is 17inches tall and comes apart in three section, base, rod and top and is made of iron and cooper.
The factory paint job is not great but that can be easily repainted.
With a proper repaint, stand could look amazing for a cheap price

Heres few pics of my helmet. Haven't had time to paint it

DSC01498_zpsclobed22.png

DSC01499_zpsgzjp5rv9.png

DSC01497_zpsap6tx6um.png

DSC01495_zpsjn0jqxu3.png

DSC01493_zpsqekr5pu4.png

DSC01490_zpstdkvfah9.png

DSC01489_zps5po7nl7g.png

Regarding the creation of the Black Series Line ( Derryl DePriest, Hasbro vice president of boys marketing 2013 in USA Today).

Besides. The battery compartment is still next to your head regardless of what side the access door is located. And if they were concerned about batteries exploding and lawsuits, then why make any toy with batteries?

Like I said, it was just a guess. Personally I still think the placement of the battery compartment has something to do with safety regs. I've seen things like that before when I worked for a consumer electronics company. As for why make toys with batteries, simple. The risk is minimal, but in our super litigious society, theres still that factor, so they take precautions because money.

Regarding the seams and particularly the battery compartment, since this has been confirmed by Hasbro to be ABS, would it be feasible to make some ABS paste from my Anovos TK offcuts to spackle over this helmet? The white may not be a perfect match, but would that be a reasonable place to start with mods?

You can do that. You could even just fill the gap and the seam between the cap and back with a two-part epoxy putty of your choice. There are going to be a nonzero number of surface details that need attention, and after that it'd be best for even-ness if the whole thing was repainted. RustOleum's Professional Grade paints (at least the ones I've researched) have ground up ABS dissolved in suspension, so once it's cured you've basically coated your helmet in glossy, polished white (or black, if you want to do a Shadow Stormtrooper) ABS.

--Jonah

The situation in the UK seems to be sold out everywhere, with people selling off their preorders on eBay and the Amazon marketplace for up to £170!

Just ordered a couple! One to keep normal, and one to weather. Can anyone point me in the right direction of any stormtrooper weathering tutorials?

I'm guessing the Rogue One stormtroopers will have similar weathering to the sandtroopers (although not as...sandy?!).

can someone post a picture of the battery compartment on the kylo. i haven't bought one yet but have found a few cheap ones on amazon, i figured i'd snag one next month, but now curious about the battery compartment door....

- - - Updated - - -

that is another nice stand! great price too!

can someone post a picture of the battery compartment on the kylo. i haven't bought one yet but have found a few cheap ones on amazon, i figured i'd snag one next month, but now curious about the battery compartment door....

So far they have been very careful not to show the back of the helmet. the only time I have seen the back is in the video from an earlier post from Hasbro. It was at the end where they quickly flipped it over before placing it on their heads. I did not see a compartment (at least not clearly). It was either poor resolution or a prototype (it is the same video that noted that audio was simulated).

The only other reference I have seen to the helmet's battery compartment is schematic images from a catalog.

If you go back to this post: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=257970&page=4&p=4069091&viewfull=1#post4069091

You can see the panel in the back at the bottom when viewing the helmet from the side.

So far they have been very careful not to show the back of the helmet. the only time I have seen the back is in the video from an earlier post from Hasbro. It was at the end where they quickly flipped it over before placing it on their heads. I did not see a compartment (at least not clearly). It was either poor resolution or a prototype (it is the same video that noted that audio was simulated).

The only other reference I have seen to the helmet's battery compartment is schematic images from a catalog.

If you go back to this post: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=257970&page=4&p=4069091&viewfull=1#post4069091

You can see the panel in the back at the bottom when viewing the helmet from the side.

sorry MJF i should have been more exact, i knew about the trooper helmet compartment i was referring to the kylo helmet compartment

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back