has sesame street out lived its usefulness?

niennumb1

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
They have more than enough material to put in syndication for the next few generations over and over and over to just stop making new ones. The new stuff isn't great.

Inquisitor Peregrinus

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
^ And the old stuff actually still stands up. Just keep a running re-run channel of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, 3-2-1 Contact, vintage Sesame Street, both Cosmos series, Free To Be You and Me, and Schoolhouse Rock.

--Jonah

Laspector

Master Member
I never had a problem with all the repetition in these types of shows. I mean, isn't that the point? To drill these concepts into kids' heads so they will remember them and actually learn from them?

Wes R

Legendary Member
I never had a problem with all the repetition in these types of shows. I mean, isn't that the point? To drill these concepts into kids' heads so they will remember them and actually learn from them?

That's all school basically is: repetition to drill stuff into your heads, though it seems like creativity isn't pushed as much as it was in school.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.