Has anyone purchased from Paul Wares / Hero Wares?

Got a message from him about half hour ago. He told me to use a little gel superglue and some foam in the nose wear it is thin. Also said I could straighten the horn with a little heat. Said he would send out an emblem for the problem and apologized for the " quality control miss " . Like I said, the cowl itself is fantastic, just to thin in the nose and I am willing to fix just needed to know what he would suggest. Does anybody know what urethane he uses on the masks? I am pretty sure its from smooth on since he sent my mask / cowl in a smooth on box.

Well I am glad you all are getting your stuff. I on the other hand sent him a message a few weeks ago asking if he has sent my order from 3 years ago or if he could give me a refund and shockingly no reply. See here's how this works. I know he's not going to send me my stuff because he has already spent my money on what ever he needed it for 3 + years ago and now anything he makes for me and has to send goes on his dime. Until I get a refund from you Paul you are a thief in my book and there is nothing anyone can say that's going to change my mind unless a solution is made. It's that simple. Still love this hobby. It sucks to be me but fortunately he is the only one so far who has not delivered. Even Janty came through for me and for all those who know who I am talking about that speaks volume about one of the so called good guys. Sorry for the rant guy's. Lol !!

Well I am glad you all are getting your stuff. I on the other hand sent him a message a few weeks ago asking if he has sent my order from 3 years ago or if he could give me a refund and shockingly no reply. See here's how this works. I know he's not going to send me my stuff because he has already spent my money on what ever he needed it for 3 + years ago and now anything he makes for me and has to send goes on his dime. Until I get a refund from you Paul you are a thief in my book and there is nothing anyone can say that's going to change my mind unless a solution is made. It's that simple. Still love this hobby. It sucks to be me but fortunately he is the only one so far who has not delivered. Even Janty came through for me and for all those who know who I am talking about that speaks volume about one of the so called good guys. Sorry for the rant guy's. Lol !!

How much has he stolen from you?

About $500 and what really sucks is I had to buy the same stuff from another person. It's amazing how he can buy a screen used 89 Batman suit along with other screen used stuff from that movie but won't send my order. The way I look at it is that I have a little stock in all that stuff. Just don't understand why he can't at least make an attempt to make this right.

I do hope you get your stuff or at the very least a refund. I know that I stated on top of him for fear of not getting my stuff and I wasnt gonna let the time laps for paypal.

Update I got the suit top to bottom and looks great again it took awhile but that is to be expected with someone that busy. I can only speak for myself when all said and done he is a stand up guy that over shot the deadline but made it happen for me.
11752622_1476441239333757_4078765425386312419_n.jpg

Just wanted to update my situation. Paul came through and I received all my stuff. It took a little while but I am very happy with everything. Thanks again for the help.

I commissioned him to make me an Arkham City Robin armoured shirt and belt. I paid him nearly £200 and from then on had nothing but trouble with him. He said he would have it made in a couple of months. 6 MONTHS LATER I had not even seen a progress pic from him. He sent me pics of sculptures which I then realised were sculptures he'd already made other people from his facebook page. After many attempts at contacting him by facebook and e mail I still had no word from him. He gave me his phone number in one message. On the second occasion I called him he had the audacity to get irate and say it wasn't a good time to call. Said he would message me the next day. In typical fashion I never heard from him again. I cancelled the order and requested a refund. Never heard from him. So I contacted my bank and got a chargeback that way. I would advise people to steer clear of this con man. If you're wanting a costume made. Look as further elsewhere as you can. P.J Wares? More like BEWARE of this cowboy!!! Never doing business with him again!!!!!

Just wanted to update my situation. Paul came through and I received all my stuff. It took a little while but I am very happy with everything. Thanks again for the help.

You are unfortunately part of the problem.

THREE YEARS and you just accept his stuff and move on.

LITERALLY perpetuating the cycle of rubbish customer care. Ridiculous.

You are unfortunately part of the problem.

THREE YEARS and you just accept his stuff and move on.

LITERALLY perpetuating the cycle of rubbish customer care. Ridiculous.

Your right but accepting the stuff and moving on is the name of the game in this hobby. if you think after 3 years of waiting that I am going to just send this stuff back to him to make a point about the lack of customer service your out of your mind. Look , he got back to me, he sent it out and that's all I wanted. Most people never even get their stuff after that long. I get your point believe me. I bitched and complained on this thread too but sometimes that's what it takes. I was just updating my situation. That's it.

First let me preface this post with an apology to anyone that waited longer than they should have for their orders.

I'm not going to get into specifics except to say that everyone that has posted here has received their order albeit later than they should have and on such occasions where that has occurred, have always been compensated with extras. Those that have requested a refund have always received one immediately.

Unfortunately, sometimes things go wrong, for a variety of reasons, but I am not a crook, or a scammer and I take accusations of that kind very seriously.

I do not engage with this kind of public witch hunt ordinarily, but frankly I'm tired of these attacks, particularly if those fires are being stoked by people with an agenda whom have never dealt with me.

Do I have a spotless record? No.

What I do have are hundreds, yes hundreds of happy customers over the years and a small handful of disgruntled ones. Wherever possible I have tried to fix that, I may never come to terms with accepting that I can't please everyone, but that is a reality that we all face.

Now, I do feel I need to address a couple of things Darren has brought up. Yes, you did commission me to do some work for you of which you paid a deposit on a heavily discounted commission with the understanding that a percentage of that was non-refundable so to cover material costs and a portion of my time and with the understanding that it would take longer than a normal commission as it was being discounted.

Then after working on it for a number of hours, you changed the order to include a mesh texture that was never discussed originally and as such I had to completely redo the entire thing with a different clay capable of holding the level of detail you now wanted. The subsequent photos I showed you were sculptures I'd be reworking after they were moulded to save time, which you were happy with.

At this point I should have followed my instincts and refunded you, especially after your constant Facebook messages at all hours of the day became harassment and on occasion sexual in nature. The final straw for me was your phone call at 10.30pm. I gave you my phone number initially to work out arrangements to finalise everything - not the actions of a scammer by the way - at which point you were on the verge of changing your mind on your order again! I said I'd be working solidly on your order, but I'd be wanting the rest of the money you owed me for the work upon completion, your response to that was that you wouldn't be able to as you couldn't afford it. Then, with no warning I received a chargeback, which I should have disputed given the nature of arrangement, but frankly I wanted you out of my life.

Incidentally, based on our original agreement the cost of the commission was £600 25% of which was non-refundable so to cover my costs. That makes £150. So it was I that was left out of pocket for the work I had done and everything I'd spent on materials. I've accepted that and moved on, but there was no way I could let this extremely skewed account of what occurred go unanswered.

With that I am done. I hope those that have ordered from me and continue to do so, enjoy what I do and that those that have issue with me or their orders, contact me directly through appropriate channels.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back