Has anyone purchased from Paul Wares / Hero Wares?

I understand your worries I just wanted to say it is worth the wait I promise- the finish is better than any 89 cowl I have ever owned. I have known PJ for a long time and he is a good guy but sometimes due to his personal situation life gets in the way and his little boy, as I am sure we all agree has to come first.
I will make him aware of this thread, I know he is waiting on a delivery or materials that is due to arrive next week so hopefully he will get to you all soon.

I understand your worries I just wanted to say it is worth the wait I promise- the finish is better than any 89 cowl I have ever owned. I have known PJ for a long time and he is a good guy but sometimes due to his personal situation life gets in the way and his little boy, as I am sure we all agree has to come first.
I will make him aware of this thread, I know he is waiting on a delivery or materials that is due to arrive next week so hopefully he will get to you all soon.

Seeing as your good friends with him maybe you can do me a favor and let him know it's been 3 years now and he still hasn't delivered my package. Not to put you in the middle of this but as far as l am concerned he is untrustworthy. Good product but bad business guy.

Like I said I will make him aware of this thread. I can't really do much more than that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

This is going to come across as quite harsh - but you and others like you are a big unfortunate part of the reason that innocent purchasers end up being duped by people like him.

It doesn't matter than he is a good guy and the product is quality!! At all! He is NOT a good guy in this instance. He is taking peoples hard earned money - effectively stealing it. You are defined by your actions (c'mon guys...we all love Batman this should be obvious) not by who you are. If he has personal issues? Stop selling your services beyond stretching point! Stop taking on jobs that you can't deliver on. Organise your business better. "Oh but he wants to help people by providing good quality..." No.

YOU continue to defend and provide people with a little bit of hope instead of doing the right thing. You are contributing to peoples misery and frustration, directly. Please stop defending someone that is NOT a person that people should be doing business with. Possible friendship, go down to the pub? Maybe. Probably totally sound guy in other respects.

If this happens a few times over a few years? Of course, all is forgiven. This is quite obviously systematic and a sign of someone that is utterly incompetent when it comes to organisation and efficiency - or if it isnt, the alternative is that he does this conciously. Which means he is a bad person, simple as. Either way, I wouldnt be parting with my money for some one that is at best a) poorly organised and untrustworthy and at worst b) an active thief.

STOP DEFENDING SOMEONE when it is impacting other's stresses and lives. These people deserve their props or money back, immediately. NOT to be messed about for MONTHS on end.

You are correct, that does come across as quite harsh.
Strong words my friend. Paul is not a thief. A thief is a person who intentionally takes something with no intention of returning or making good on the deal. Paul takes on orders with every intention of making goo on them and I do not know anyone that has been conned by Paul. It is my understanding that Paul has never refused to refund anyone who no longer wishes to wait, even if the refund may take a week or so. If this is not the case then please provide evidence to the contrary and I will stop defending him.
Paul's promises are made with good intentions however due to the way and where he works he is not always able to keep them. He does not have a dedicated workshop but rather a place in his home where he is a single dad who tries to juggle too many balls.
This does not make him a bad person or a thief.
I posted what I posted to let people know that Paul is getting back up to speed and is catching up on orders and to let people know that in my opinion they would be extremely pleased with their goods due to his new and repaired mould.

Have you dealt with Paul or are you waiting for anything?

We seem to have forgotten that this hobby is just that, a hobby. Many of our 'suppliers' do all of this in their spare time, prop makers are not amazon, you can't just click and go. I try to support those that have helped us achieve the dreams of owning those illusive pieces because I know what they do isn't always easy.

Yes Paul takes too much on and takes too much time to deliver but he is not a thief and those that have waited and I include myself in that will be pleased with what they receive.

Paul is not a bad person and is most definitely not a thief.

I understand the point you were trying to make however I do not appreciate the way you went about making it.

Just text Paul to make him aware and he is away until after the weekend, let's give him a chance to respond.

well the weekend has come and gone, Monday I sent an email asking how it was going and looking for an update. Still haven't heard from him. Friday was the due date for shipping according to his timeline on ebay. shipping 10 days after cleared payment. ( update-- just heard from him on ebay, says he is working on my cowl in a couple days, finishing up other projects over the next couple of days.) 11:04 pacific ( Cali) time 7/7/2015

Last edited:
well the weekend has come and gone, Monday I sent an email asking how it was going and looking for an update. Still haven't heard from him. Friday was the due date for shipping according to his timeline on ebay. shipping 10 days after cleared payment. ( update-- just heard from him on ebay, says he is working on my cowl in a couple days, finishing up other projects over the next couple of days.) 11:04 pacific ( Cali) time 7/7/2015

I spoke to Paul this evening he assures me all outstanding orders will be shipped by the beginning of next week at the latest. I hope this helps ;)

I just dont get him.................trust thats what this is all about, you would not go to the store pay over your money
then stand there looking at the women behind the counter shrugging her shoulders saying ` you`ll get it sometime this year..or next`

I dont know how many customers I have heard this about....WTF ..is he doing.. mainly international buyers but he tried it
with me but I live near and dont take that ****** from nobody.....

Also Deleting you from his Facebook.......show his intentions hey...

Does PJ owe you anything? I am curious because you seem to want to add fuel to the fire yet it appears you have no real complaint with him other than he deleted you from facebook.

I know he is focusing on getting stuff done and sorting everyone's orders so he is trying not to be distracted by things- if you have an outstanding order drop him an email ;)

Not now anyway why are you quoting me this was April ... giving up on the 89 stuff . Getting a bit pig sick of trying to get 89 parts purely for my own collectioğ as I only wanted to get hold of good well made displayable parts so if I have asked others for molds masters which are available it is only my intention to do so for my own collection I'm getting a bit xxxxed off with the acusations of a roug recast in the making I'm not apologising for having money to be able to do this I may have got a bit short with Paul but I haven't made my money by being soft far from it...makes me question getting involved in forums this is supposed to be a hobby not a life stresing forum like Facebook. ...

2 weeks in a row he has told me he is shipping it out by end of week. He seems like a nice guy, BUT, he is terrible in keeping his word. My suggestion is don't order unless item is made and ready to go. I mean really, why not make the item first then list it, it would save a lot of people getting angry with him.

My 2 cents

Left a message on his FB wall for hero wares. I wont commit from him unless product is in hand and ready. I think at this point I may even hesitate at that. He needs to show first he can keep his word. I think he does not really feel any urgency to make US buyers purchases because we are over seas also. I know somebody else mentioned that before, I think you may be correct.

I am new here. I have ordered and paid for a full suit and have been told forever now next week next week next week. I told him he has till Tuesday the 21st to ship or issue full refund. Will keep you all updated.

Got my cowl from him, good right, nose was paper thin, put in a note to him to help me fix, in other words, tell me what I can do, or replace it. Haven't heard back from him. its been 3 days. I also noticed a pin size whole in the paper thin nose, this makes me afraid to even try the thing on. I wont let it leave my possession at this point for fear I will never see it again. I just want him to tell me what urethane he used so I can call the company and get their advice. Also the left horn is curved in unlike the right , which is standing straight and tall. I have the feeling the only reason I got my cowl was because I kept asking him about when he was going to make and ship. Squeaky wheel and all. UGH! The cowl itself is gorgeous, and I have a feeling I can straighten the horn with a little heat, but the nose area being sooooo thin and the little tiny hole just under the tip of the nose makes it non functional in its current state.

My Update.

He shipped out yesterday and sent me tons of pictures of the full suit. Yes paul is very very slow and always promises it will get done but never makes deadlines but from the pictures it looks great will update when I get the suit. I had him do a custom suit mix between Begins and DOJ. Will Update with pics when on

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back