Harry Potter Riddle Blank Diary

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm planning on doing a blank version of the Tom Riddle diary and was wondering if anyone had a decent shot of the "DIARY" text on the first page. I've got all the other info I need to do this (including custom brass corners, gold foiled makers mark on the back, etc), but want to get that first printed page perfect.

Thanks,
Magnoli

I'm planning on doing a blank version of the Tom Riddle diary and was wondering if anyone had a decent shot of the "DIARY" text on the first page. I've got all the other info I need to do this (including custom brass corners, gold foiled makers mark on the back, etc), but want to get that first printed page perfect.

Thanks,
Magnoli

Here are some Blu-ray screen caps, click on for full-res.

There are the pics of all the writing that is in the book, need anything just let me know, after all this is the least I can do for someone who's making me a Redbook.

Thanks,
Magnoli

I'm useless for any other details, but I'm sure you'll have a customer in me buying one of these!

Here you go some:
qziu7p.jpg

1z2ps9i.jpg

20tqn9v.jpg

2dhs94g.jpg

2n6bxjt.jpg

2ur4k6g.jpg

I belive the border used on ''DIARY'' is the same used on the Howler label's border, just a bit modified.
73j9yd.jpg

And might be useful, got this from an auction (Description for a FX Diary):

The diary measures 8.5" (21.59cm) in height; 6" (15.24 cm) in width; 1" (2.54 cm) in height; and weighs 13.4 oz (382 g). This wonderful prop is leather-bound with aged pages and four brass corner ornaments. The following is stamped in gold lettering on the back side of the diary's leather cover: 422 Vauxhall Road Winstanley's Bookstore & Stationers.

Thanks,
Magnoli

Will you sell them?

That's great, guys! Just what I needed. I'm hoping to do a run of these, I'll post when I have more information...

Kind regards,
Magnoli

I'm really looking forward to a run if you do one, Indy. I am constantly in awe at your work. Will you be embossing "Tom Marvolo Riddle" on the back?

Also, I've never seen the Winstanley's maker's mark up close before and always figured it was just a remnant of the company the prop department bought the diary from. Now I see that it is actually the name they gave to the unnamed stationary shop on Vauxhall Road where Riddle bought the diary in the book. I am incredibly impressed by their commitment to detail down the the most miniscule and otherwise unseen detail.

Yeah, I'm thinking of putting Riddle's name on the back instead of the maker's mark since this is never seen on film, only his name.

Kind regards,
Indy

That's great, guys! Just what I needed. I'm hoping to do a run of these, I'll post when I have more information...

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Magnoli,

Any progress on this project? I'm looking forward to getting one from you when they become available!

Thanks,
ATL

Working on the brass corner pieces right now. I'll post some photos once the prototype corner is done. I'm hoping to be able to cast the corner pieces as machining each set will be quite expensive.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Does the title block on the Diary page have a thin inner border? I worked up the attached page.

Any thoughts on the total number of pages? One inch in height could be a couple of hundred pages.

airhead

That's not bad, but the font should be hollow and the shapes within the border are diamonds with what almost looks like the top of a flat head screw in each corner.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

I'll go ahead and pick one up to check out that accuracy. Maybe I can use the corner pieces as a base to make a higher-quality version.

Thanks,
Indy

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back