Harry Potter Props

I wish I had photos of this stuff in my Harry Potter themed
study, but progress on it has been heart crushingly slow.

PHILOSOPHERS STONE: Full head Gringotts Goblin Mask

CHAMBER OF SECRETS: Basilisk Fang, Front Ford Angelina
license plate, Copy of MAGICAL ME, Howler Letter

PRISONER OF AZKABAN: (My Favorite by far) : Professor
Snape Wand, Two studio Macquettes of LUPEN's werewolf
form. The FX teacup from the LEAKY CAULDRON

GOBLET OF FIRE: Er... nothing I can remember. :cry

ORDER OF THE PHOENIX: Dumbledor's wand, Death Eater
mask, Deatheater wand, O.W.L. exam, Umbridge Decree

HALF BLOOD PRINCE: Draco Malfoy's wand

DEATHLY HALLOWS: Nothing. :cry

Original props and costumes on display in NYC:

HARRY POTTER: THE EXHIBITION at Discovery Times Square Footage

hp_9417_608-600x266.jpg

Thought I'd post these on here just incase folks would like to see them. I don't own these by the way. :lol

Here's one of the screen used Monster Book props. It's not one of the hero rigged up versions, but one of the bucket load of background ones that were created for the kids to carry in the group scenes. The hair on the close up ones were a lot nicer too and apart from the mechanisms that made the eyes and mouth move they had lovely glass eyes too.

img08qk.jpg

And here's a photo that I took of my friends son with the full sized mechanical hippogriff in the offices of Nick Dudman head of the Potter creature shop.

img081zd.jpg

Here's a pair of Hagrids silicone glove hands that I painted for the Azkaban.

img086m.jpg

Lordy, lordy.....My heart is aflutter!!! These prop photos are tremendous, Black Thorn! I never knew Hagrid's hands weren't his own or the stand-in's; those huge sausage fingers...wow! This is exciting stuff! You are an artist for the set props? Simply AMAZING WORK!

Thanks so much for posting them.

Do you by any chance have a closeup of the Jack-in-the-box Boggart that is behind Buckbeak in your second photo? Or the spider above?

Thanks. Sadly I don't have a photo of the clown head. I was lucky being allowed to take what I did. :lol:

Here's one of the singing toads from Azkaban that I painted. Happy times.

froghero.jpg

It all belongs to Warner Bros as well as Nick Dudman. So I imagine It's all in storage still.

Shame because I'm sure people would love to see it all before it all rots completely.

I was lucky enough to visit the set during the filming of Deathly Hallows. We were warned not to even try taking photos. The props, sets, and everything were simply stunning! The films don't do the artwork justice. Around the canteen, they had several large display cabinets with some of the more iconic props. What really took my breath away, though, were the scale bodies of Dumbledore and some students. They looked SO real! I would have given my right arm to have had the dead Dobby I saw on a shelf.

Luckily, most of these props will not go into storage. In addition to the theme park in Florida getting some of the props, WB bought Leavesden Studios (where HP was shot) and turned it into a museum. It opens this month, I think. Tickets are reasonably priced, and you'll get to tour the sets and see a lot of these props.

Wow Black Thorn, these piccies are so exciting to look at! I am pretty new to the RPF - do you ever make pieces to sell on here?

For Hagrid's motorcycle, is it known if the motorcycle was a customized production motorcycle such as Triumph for example or if it was a total custom build for the movie?

Last edited:
I wish I had photos of this stuff in my Harry Potter themed
study, but progress on it has been heart crushingly slow.

PHILOSOPHERS STONE: Full head Gringotts Goblin Mask

CHAMBER OF SECRETS: Basilisk Fang, Front Ford Angelina
license plate, Copy of MAGICAL ME, Howler Letter

PRISONER OF AZKABAN: (My Favorite by far) : Professor
Snape Wand, Two studio Macquettes of LUPEN's werewolf
form. The FX teacup from the LEAKY CAULDRON

GOBLET OF FIRE: Er... nothing I can remember. :cry

ORDER OF THE PHOENIX: Dumbledor's wand, Death Eater
mask, Deatheater wand, O.W.L. exam, Umbridge Decree

HALF BLOOD PRINCE: Draco Malfoy's wand

DEATHLY HALLOWS: Nothing. :cry

U my friend are lucky :cool

Black Thorn, this is so awesome!! I would love to visit and see all of Nick Dudman's Harry Potter work and more of yours! How did you become lucky enough to get involved in the creation of props for the Harry Potter films? That's like the ultimate dream job! I am currently in college studying film and animation and it always blows my mind to see work like this.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back