Harry Potter Book insides

I based the cover design on a screen shots of the MPP book while Hermione was carrying it in the library. It looks completely different from the cover included in the HP Tour items.

bfd

Hey, why you don't post to everbody your version of the book, without that "Review" tag. To us print like yours.

I've just discovered this topic and OMG ! Barneyrfd, your work is just amazing ! Do you have more pictures of the finished product ? I would love to see more !

I've just discovered this topic and OMG ! Barneyrfd, your work is just amazing ! Do you have more pictures of the finished product ? I would love to see more !

Thanks for your kind words Pauline. I don't have any more pictures, only what I've posted here.

bfd

I think I'll try my hand at this... Just a question : how did you bind the pages to the spine of the book ? And, by the way, what did you use to do the spine and covers ? Cardboard ?

Hi Pauline

I basically just glued the signatures to a fiberglass mesh as shown in post #264 of this thread. Use a glue that is flexible when it dries and you should have no problem. You could use hot glue from a glue gun but you have to work quickly cause it dries pretty fast. I used a white glue that is meant for book binding. Don't remember where I got it or what it is called but it is pretty easy to find. You can also take some heavy thread and weave it between the binding string of each signature and the fiberglass mesh for extra holding power if you like. I recommend you experiment first before you jump in on the actual book you are making.

I actually used a fiberboard from clipboards I bought at the local dollar store. I thought they gave a nice solid feeling to the book and they won't bend under use or when the book slouches down on the bookshelf. You could just as easily use heavy cardboard as well. My idea to complete the book was to join the 2 covers with a piece of brown leather (glued to each cover) which would have a heavy cardboard spine piece. Have not done that yet.

Good luck, post a few pics as you go and when you are done.

bfd

Thank you for all the data ! I'll have to look more into the spine thing... In France, we don't have much choice in matter of supplies like these... Meh, I'll find ! Someday, soon I hope, I'll find the motivation to make it ! ;)

Hi Barneyrfd, I was just wondering if I could get a copy of the potions and instructions I'd love to make a stab at them myself!I totally understand if you can't pass them on however!:)

Hey BarneyRFD. I'm about to be a parrot of queasy and also ask if it's possible to get a copy of your amazing work? It looks incredible. I've just started bookbinding myself and should be able to do that one. :)

Thanks,
Ali B.

Same request as the two above. I also liked to bind an edition myself. I recently tried my hand at binding the Tales of Beetle the Bard in Runes, and loved it. Lots of hard work but strangly satisfying.

hello, i am gonna ask you a question; first of all does anyone know approx. size of these books?

did anyone have chance to measure from the props for example in wizarding world etc.?

thank you very much

I'm working on the Standard Book of Spells by Miranda Goshawk for my Hogwarts trunk. But instead of having the actual text, I'll have a list of spells with the pronunciation, effects, history of the spell, etc. So basically my version will be a dictionary of spells. What do you all think?

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. Here is my source: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_spells

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back