Happy Halloween!! AHS:Freak Show Twisty the Clown Mask, '5 day wonder'

Rhett J Martin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Diving into a new sculpt, simple and easy. Twisty's mask from American Horror Story: Freak Show!

Love this show and it's use of real freaks mixed with great makeup, and once I saw this mask, I had to have one!

Pretty simple, grabbed the pics and screen caps I could and got to work. Looks like this piece will shine mostly in paint. Very easy sculpt. Did discover there's two variations, but am going with the one in my first pic.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm attempting a 5 day wonder, going from sculpt to finished casting. I'm on day three. Doubt I'll finish it, but hey, goals are important!!
Enjoy!

Excellent. That smile has been creeping me out for weeks. And yet, I still can't stop watching the show. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece!

Looks good so far, what do you plan to make the final piece out of?

I'm just not sure . . .the purist in me would like to do a reverse vac form mask, as the show mask seems very thin and fragile. But I'd like mine to be decently tough, so probably a resin/fiberglass version, with a suede in-lay. I also plan on doing a Alicia Batman '89 mask this way, so I might as well go for it!

Here's updated pics, finishing it tonight with casting through the week. The paint is really where this piece will shine!!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Excellent! I have a silicone scalp and a pattern for the costume on the way. I bought the shoes. I am counting on you, bud!

Looking really good, I've had this on my list of wants since I first saw the character. So creepily awesome!

I just pulled out an old mold of a human head and rubbered it up with latex and then a generous helping of paper towels and more latex. poped it out and did the edge with a little latex and cab-o-sil.

I just pulled out an old mold of a human head and rubbered it up with latex and then a generous helping of paper towels and more latex. poped it out and did the edge with a little latex and cab-o-sil.

Ah, right on. It turned out good; well done.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back