Happy 40th Birthday, Electric Company!!

HEEEEY YOOOOU GUUUUUUUYS!

(it drives me nuts when people think that's originally from The Goonies)

I too was a child in the 70's (born in 1965). As a kid, at first I never could really appreciate the Electric Company as it had no muppets. It always came on right after Sesame Street and even though we never (at that time) thought it was as good as Kermit and Co. we still always watched it. And especially when Spider man started being on it. But we had all the comics and even as youngsters we knew the Spidey on the show was a joke. I remember even then thinking "God if they EVER make a Spider man movie, PLEASE don't let him be like this!!"

But the show itself is a classic. I wish they would show the re runs somewhere, I'd watch them all!

One particular skit still comes to mind all these years later. It was Dracula and Frankenstein and the Wolfman singing about silent "E".

"When I see a nice throat that is ripe
and I want to rip it apart
I just take silent E off the end
And I'm ready to rip again."

Great stuff!!

It's amazing how many well known actors were on that show. Bill Cosby, Rita Moreno, Morgan Freeman, even Irene Cara and Denise Nickerson (Violet Beauregard from Willy Wanka... ok maybe she's not so famous.) Even Mel Brooks had a recurring role.

Wow. As if I didnt feel old enough. I remember watching that show from the very beginning.
Didn't like it as much as sesame street, but still watched and enjoyed .

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back