Han Solo in Carbonite Project, Build.

Here are some of panels finished on Han Solo.
IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

Here is some work I did with my "Hero" control panel. I used a Graph and plastic sheet. I put brushed Alum handles from Home Depot.
IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

OK, since starting this Project on January 24, 2011, I have now come to the end as of March 24, 2011. Many hours of building prepping, sanding, painting with Box and Han Solo, and then working with Controls panels to give them the Illusion of being functional incuding the "Hero panel". I like the freshly carbonated look so I am not going to put a wash on the HIC.
IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

The blotches you created with elmer's glue are nowhere near accurate...you blotched the job :sleep

I kid I kid! :lol

Great job, and extremely fast build. Mine is 3 years in the making and not even a box in sight...but hopefully I'll get it done this year :love

Looks great brother, the only thing I would have recommended would be to make the carbonite texture uniform throughout. The rough texture around the body and the other smooth areas are inconsistent and kinda throw it off. But still looks great, nice job.

Thanks Guys. I really appreciate your kind comments. I purposely created the Carbonite with that look to make it much different than other HIC's out there. It looks as if Han was moving right before it solidified to the Frozen look. I will eventually add light effect from the back to create a glow from behind. :)

I showed the HIC at a Film festival and many were happy to get a Picture next to him. My Friend Carlos (Boba Fett) and I (TK) posed.
IMG_2071.jpg

Here is one I took of Han decorated for Christmas. :)
IMG_2437.jpg

I am always excited to see these. Been collecting parts for my own. About ready to begin building the box to puzzle all the parts together. Great work.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back