Han in carbonite almost complete

Lufo1138

I've had this for about a year, but just recently got it up on the wall in my new office. Several little details still to fix here and there, but almost there. Big thing is to get the valvo displays working with the rest of the hero panel electronics. This is a fully fiberglass box made by VOS (Neil) which he crated up beautifully and shipped across the pond, fully painted and with all the panels assembled and painted as well (the volvo panels and greeblie kit from Glenn). Neil did an amazing job on this. I did some more overall weathering and put the hero panel together with Modeljag's light kit, minus the number displays. He was kind enough to alter his kit at the time to include the top row of lights. I talked him into it, and I was the first to get that version of his kit that way. I appreciate his willingness to accommodate me on that. Also, thanks to Kurtyboy for sending over the yellow LED lights for my build on the second 'hero' panel. Makes all the difference in the world. Next, I need to replace the resin clips with metal ones. Of course big thanks to Jeroen for the valvos. Been trying to find those forever.

Looks great! Did you hang him on the wall?

I second this question!

Holdy moly dude, that is a thing of beauty - and having that sick Boba Fett standing next to it just adds to it all big time!

I've had my fiberglass face panel collecting dust at the shop for a few years now. I'd love to have more info on where you got your box from and maybe some more info on where you collected your control panels.

VERY nicely done and it is a true centerpiece, congrats...and rep points!

I'm waiting to see someone replicate the surrounding wall area from the movie and hang it on that. Now THAT would look sick!

I'm waiting to see someone replicate the surrounding wall area from the movie and hang it on that. Now THAT would look sick!

I have contemplated this. My current space is not adequate, however.

The box came from Vos, who has a thread somewhere how he did these. The panels are all from Glenn's kits.

Vos built in a wood frame with cross beams into the fiberglass, so using regular shelving makes it a snap to hang on the wall in floating mode. Not terribly heavy. I can pick it up by myself no problem.

I have contemplated this. My current space is not adequate, however.

The box came from Vos, who has a thread somewhere how he did these. The panels are all from Glenn's kits.

Vos built in a wood frame with cross beams into the fiberglass, so using regular shelving makes it a snap to hang on the wall in floating mode. Not terribly heavy. I can pick it up by myself no problem.

Oh man, that makes me green with envy. Mine has gotta be 200bs. I over built the heck out of it so it wouldn't bend or warp. Buying one of these in fiberglass is the way to go I think.

Great looking prop. Thanks for sharing!

I'll have to PM VOS and ask about the fiberglass box. I had no idea he made them though I do remember some time ago he was talking about doing them.
Your HIC is one of the best I have seen in a while - you should be very proud of it.

Is that Fett the Don Post one?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back