Halo: Reach M392 DMR (Pic Heavy)

Tactonyx

Greetings. I'm new around here and I just thought I'd share my DMR WIP with you guys. It's about 70% complete. And here are the objectives I have for my model:
Working trigger
Working charging handle
Working safety / fire selector
Removable barrel
Detachable upper rail
Detachable scope
Detachable foregrip
Detachable Magazine
And 5 rail mounts

Heres a 1:1 scale draft of the DMR
Guns+001.JPG

Built Scope
Guns+002.JPG

Scope next to M7 SMG sights
Guns+006.JPG

DMR components etched onto Sintra PVC plastic boards, prior to cutting
Guns+002.JPG

Assembling lower reciever
Da+Guns+001.JPG

Lower Reciever assembled
Da+Guns+002.JPG

Upper reciever assembled
Da+Guns+001.JPG

Test fitting all elements
Da+Guns+002.JPG

90% complete barrel
Da+Guns+002.JPG

Barrel test fit
Da+Guns+003.JPG

Another view of test fit
Da+Guns+001.JPG

DMR Magazine
Da+Guns+007.JPG

Overall progress
Da+Guns+002.JPG

Da+Guns+005.JPG

Da+Guns+001.JPG

Da+Guns+003.JPG

These pictures were taken over a period of two months. Hope you guy's like them. Questions, comments, critiques are welcomed.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Very cool. I wish there was a place around here to get sheet styrene for my projects as it would save on shipping lol. You're work is very impressive. I can't wait to see more.

Man, these pictures are huge, didn't expect that.

@Cobolt Crimson
Thanks. I would prefer to work with wood, as it's cheaper and what not, but unfortunately for me, I am terribly allergic to sawdust and have to stick with the artificial stuff. Glad you like it though.

Sorry for the double post. The DMR is finished. here it is in it's unpainted glory.
Da+Guns+007.JPG

Da+Guns+001.JPG

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Da+Guns+004.JPG

Da+Guns+005.JPG

Mag Release
Da+Guns+006.JPG

Safety
Da+Guns+008.JPG

Da+Guns+009.JPG

Da+Guns+011.JPG

Da+Guns+012.JPG

Da+Guns+013.JPG

Da+Guns+014.JPG

Da+Guns+015.JPG

Da+Guns+016.JPG

Da+Guns+017.JPG

Da+Guns+018.JPG

Da+Guns+021.JPG

Da+Guns+022.JPG

Da+Guns+023.JPG

Da+Guns+024.JPG

Thanks for taking the time to look at my DMR. Questions, comments and critiques are welcomed.

nice work! Will really look forward to seeing it painted! Have you done any other Halo props?

From the attention to detail you give, it seems like you could make an actual firing weapon out of one of these if you had access to machine tools. Ever thought about it?

ps-perhaps a little photo resizing for future posts?

Wow Tactonyx, that is amazing work!

The attention to detail is great. Your approach in weapon making is a great inspiration to us builders who don't have woodshops ^_^

So are all of the curved parts of the weapon also PVC Sintra board? Or did you pull other PVC elements for those?

Congrats on the successful build. I look forward to seeing the paint scheme!

@JediG60racer
Thanks. I have the M6 Pistol with smart scope, silencer, shoulder stock and a carbine barrel. The M6 is the most detailed of all my projects, pulling the trigger will release the striker, has a working mag release and slide release. I have a M7 smg that is nearly done, gotta finish the stock and sound suppresor. I have a MA5B and MA5K in the works right now, but nowheres to being recognizable. I also have a Half-Life 2 AR2 Pulse Rifle or OSIPR2 as I like to call it, in the works, but it too is unrecognizable at the moment.

Sorry about the picture size, the site won't let me shrink them down.

@Klaus5150
Thanks

@Stilgar
Thanks, I won't be painting this for a while, not until after I get it casted.

@AxiomUltra
Thank you. About 99% of the model is Sintra, I did the curved parts by getting a hair dryer and "wilted" the plastic to desired shape.

@Zaxmon
Thanks

@LeeKegan
Coming from a master, this is great praise! Thank you.

@Yodajammies
Thanks

@Peagis
Thank you, I'm glad you liked it.

I forgot to mention on what my DMR can do. The DMR has a working safety, a working magazine release, and a working charging handle. The foregrip is removable, I have great plans for that someday, and has 5 rail mounts. The Weaver accessories fit on perfectly, but the Piccatinny stuff, not so well.
Thank you all for your interest and kind words, any other questions or comments are welcomed.

Last edited:
Thanks guy's

I would use wood, but I am terribly allergic to sawdust, don't have a problem with Sintra, but it's terribly expensive.

Thanks Codered
Getting my DMR ready to ship off to be casted. Guess I'll have to work on my post count so I can put it up for sale in the junkyard.
Standby...

Howdy! Back from the necro post underworld, I'm proud to present a painted cast of my beloved DMR.
DMR+Promo.jpg

DMR+Promo+2.jpg

I'll have more detailed pics up later and expect to see a DMR run in the junkyard.
Questions, comments, critiques are welcomed.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back