Halo pistol, resin cast WILCO

Kommissar

Just got this in the mail, totally worth the wait, and he even included some instructions for cleaning and assembly, which was really nice of him.
pics do not include a small second part that goes on the base of the gun, just in case your wondering

P1050097.jpg

P1050098.jpg

i'll need to fill some air holes and such, which is to be expected,
what would you use? bondo? green stuff epoxie? or super glue with that zip kicker spray?

i'm also considering the insertion of a laser sight or red LED.
what's the best way to create some working space to put electronics in a solid resin cast? it is even worth the trouble?

mine has alot of air bubbles, but i'm kind of a picky *******, so i'm busy digging all the paper thin bubbles near the surface open so i can fill them.

the more i think about it, the less i think trying to hollow out the gun for electronics is a good idea.
chances are it will make it less robust, and i'd rather not have a cracked pistol.

So i'm reshaping a few areas and bondo'ing like crazy, the grip was not comfortabel so im working on making it more form fitting.

P1050099.jpg

P1050100.jpg

P1050101.jpg

P1050109.jpg

P1050110.jpg

more pics soon,
work + being very picky with shaping oon this project have resulted in very little obvious progress.
this is a shot of me dremmeling on a groove along the grip.
P1050129.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back