Halo 4 Scout scratch build / first one ever built

Stony Props

This was a project I did last year but never posted it up here.

Last year I wanted a costume that was unique to go along with the Halo theme.

I started off with some reference pics from the game and here's what I threw together.

Capture sdcc1.PNG

I'll add some build pics as well but there doesn't seem to be much interest on my threads.

I started off with the chest & helmet. I was able to get the helmet modeled by Jacob Morrin and was able to pep that out.
IMG_1076.JPGIMG_1083.JPGIMG_1085.JPG

This is constructed from EVA foam. I take a lot time cutting my seems to do my best to eliminate any seem lines.

- - - Updated - - -

photo (2).JPGsb6 (1).JPGsb6 (2).JPG

- - - Updated - - -

sb8 (2).JPGz.JPG

IMG_1118.JPGIMG_1121.JPGIMG_9911[1].jpg

EVA , hot glue, lots of blades for cutting foam, rattle cans for paint and ref pics.
Thanks for looking.
Jim McCrea Icon props. / member of Stony Props

This was a project I did last year but never posted it up here.

Last year I wanted a costume that was unique to go along with the Halo theme.

I started off with some reference pics from the game and here's what I threw together.

View attachment 262075

I'll add some build pics as well but there doesn't seem to be much interest on my threads.

your foam skills are awsome!! if you want to post a more detailed build thread I'll read it! (im sure others will also)

Holy speechless! :eek That is the cleanest foam build I've ever seen. You have really raised the bar.

Tell me more!

Liked it on the 405th before, still liking it.. a lot!

Only one small suggestion: it could use a little more dirt. The edge wear is spot on but the surfaces where the paint is intact are far too even. A little black wash and some dirt stains would break up these areas nicely IMHO.

Holy cow.....it has been said, but I will say again .. this has to be the most amazing foam build I have ever laid eyes on....

..also I feel your pain of the "no interest" ... The halo builds seen to be in the minority of popularity around here...

THIS, is insanely clean! do you have close ups of the joints and connections? did you use a harness for fitment? was it adjustable? sorry for all of the questions just trying to figure things out for my own builds as well...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back