Halo 4 foam armour build

NeonHybrid

So this year I plan to attend the London comicon in October. I already have a rather nice Recon helmet due in the next month.

My plan is to use foam to put together the armour but I'm not 100% on where to start with the design stage. I have watched enough videos and read a lot of posts on how to construct it but I'm struggling on how to produce each part without a template to work from. I have seen people working from pep files but I want to use the stalker chest and as far as I can tell there isn't a model for it. Normal I work with materials that if they are a little out I can just add a little filler and it's fine but I suspect that's not going to work so well with foam.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

I'm Building a halo 4 Spartan too mate and i was really swinging towards making a stalker chest for it ! I've been trying to find 3D models of it and renders and stuff but I've come up short ! I'll let you know if I find anything!!

So after searching for the stalker torso and coming up with nothing I am going to go with a full set of recon armour. For the arms I'm going with recruit and the legs will be RG-63 Counter. Unless some one wants to create a pep file for the recon legs that didn't make it into the game except for on Madsen in Spartan Ops.

I had a go at making the foam shoulder file but not only is it too small I find it isn't close enough to the actual design. So I will be taking the parer pep file and setting it up for laser cutting.
Depending on the length of time it takes to put the files together I will either have to cut the parts at a local work shop in Glasgow called MAKLab that rents out time on their equipment.

I have had a look for information on laser cutting EVA foam and it appears with a decent filter and extraction it's not a problem but if any one has experience with it I would appreciate any advice especially on what settings were used.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back