Halloween costumes air mag conversion

Maybe, maybe not. See the fact is they used a photo of the real shoes and not RD MAG images, so now it is up to the buyer to make the decision and hopefully they do their research. The only thing really wrong with the listing is the price. Even though they used the words like "NIKE", the shoes have this on them, so it becomes a bit of a nasty grey area.

About 2 years ago, this guy buys what he thinks are real NIKE shoes for $3500 and of course V2s turn up. So he puts in a dispute showing the photos of the listed item and what he got sent to him and eBay not only refunded him, they let him keep the V2s as well. Serves the seller right for trying to rip someone off.

Lets just hope the auction times out and no one gets ripped off.

Ha yeah serves the guy right.

From experience though, i know people don't even read the description on eBay listings carefully so I doubt they even realise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased a pair of these at the weekend - I thought the decals were as such to not get busted for using brands? Have I made a mistake?? Cheers!

Hi

Yeah I've since learnt that is the reason for that. I did wonder why when i saw them

I purchased a pair of these at the weekend - I thought the decals were as such to not get busted for using brands? Have I made a mistake?? Cheers!

How much did you pay? Just so you do know, the images (yes photo shopped) are of the 2011 MAGs, so you won't be getting those.

From experience though, i know people don't even read the description on eBay listings carefully so I doubt they even realise.

I do. When I bought my Matty Collector HoverBoard, it had a small note about it not containing the mini board. I didn't care and was grateful to score one of the genuine deals for just $99USD + 60 shipping) when they were listed at $220USD. It was just nice to know the mini was not included.

I do. When I bought my Matty Collector HoverBoard, it had a small note about it not containing the mini board. I didn't care and was grateful to score one of the genuine deals for just $99USD + 60 shipping) when they were listed at $220USD. It was just nice to know the mini was not included.

Well that's good, most I know don't read it properly and then moan when they don't get what they expected.

One thing I don't get is that if they are using pics of the actual 2011 mags, why photoshop the decal? Doesn't that immediately tell you that they are fake then? As if they were actual Nike they wouldn't have to?

Hi, I managed to get him down to £165 - I know these will be the Chinese MAGs (which I am after) - I did try and buy from Aliexpress but after the payment went for 'clearance' it was denied (i have the funds) It was then asking me for proof (Photo ID and Bank statements) which I thought was a little weird!

How much did you pay? Just so you do know, the images (yes photo shopped) are of the 2011 MAGs, so you won't be getting those.

Hi, I managed to get him down to £165 - I know these will be the Chinese MAGs (which I am after) - I did try and buy from Aliexpress but after the payment went for 'clearance' it was denied (i have the funds) It was then asking me for proof (Photo ID and Bank statements) which I thought was a little weird!

That is over $250USD! You would have been better off with Karin for $200USD. I have never had the challenge of photo ID etc at Alied before, so yeah weird.

So I just received my HC mags today. They are the newer flat lace versions. My only two complaints are that the tongue is pretty short, barely higher than the Velcro strap, and the shoe itself seems very puffy. Is this normal? Would it be possible or recommended to do the toe mod method on the whole shoe to get rid of the puffiness? Thanks!!

Last edited:
So I just received my HC mags today. They are the newer flat lace versions. My only two complaints are that the tongue is pretty short, barely higher than the Velcro strap, and the shoe itself seems very puffy. Is this normal? Would it be possible or recommended to do the toe mod method on the whole shoe to get rid of the puffiness? Thanks!!

Yes it is normal to have a short tongue and a puffy shoe. The HCs have always been overly puffy. If you are going to steam the toe, you might as well steam the rest of the shoe and see if that can reduce some of the foam thickness. The only real way to fix this is to open the shoe up and remove the foam.

Yes it is normal to have a short tongue and a puffy shoe. The HCs have always been overly puffy. If you are going to steam the toe, you might as well steam the rest of the shoe and see if that can reduce some of the foam thickness. The only real way to fix this is to open the shoe up and remove the foam.

I don't mind doing that per say, but I just don't want the shoe to be all lumpy and wrinkled afterwards like the pics I've seen after others have done the steam mod. Is there any way to prevent that from happening?

I don't mind doing that per say, but I just don't want the shoe to be all lumpy and wrinkled afterwards like the pics I've seen after others have done the steam mod. Is there any way to prevent that from happening?
Mine didnt get wrinkly or lumpy after the steam mod..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Anyone have luck with FBCC sole dye? I'm a size 14 so cavx's soles are sorta out of the question. And has anyone tried the steam method to get rid of the overly puffiness?

Mine didn't get wrinkly or lumpy after steaming the toe ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446146680.520024.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446146700.121692.jpg

Oh cool. I think I'll give it a go. What are the steps/tips for this meat his again? Thanks!

Also, would you recommend I try doing the whole shoe too to diminish the puffiness or just the toe?

This video by cavx is best https://youtu.be/XvqgP3Z8MAU

I'd suggest start with the toes and see how you get on. Unsure if it will work on the rest of the shoe really, mine with the ribs/lines it won't reduce it without cutting it open and removing the foam manually.

It is hit and miss. What your attempting to do is heat shrink the foam and not burn the fabric. Personally, I'd slim the toe (buy opening the shoe from one side) and leave the smooth sides as they are.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back