Halloween 2011- What are you planning/ working on?

At this point I wanna be my First Class version Wolvie, Ultimate/Avenger movie Thor (need more reference though), and maybe abfew others will pop up between now and mid October. I have maybe 3 parties to go to and might do a 2 diff ones like I did last year. Always fun to do multiple costumes! But a pain if its they're big projects

I am going to be Iron Man Mark 6 for Halloween. I'm actually not aiming to get the suit done for Halloween, it's just that Halloween seems a very reasonable due date (I started in May of this year), so therefore I set it as my goal to get it done by Halloween. I have the arms, shoulder bells, chest, abs, thighs, calves, codpiece, foot flaps, waist, and spine done already and a pepped helmet that is 75% hardened. I will be making a thread for the suit very soon. I hope you enjoy and look forward to my upcoming build.

I.M.M.6. Ten. Thirty-One. Eleven.

(just a little teaser date :))

Edit: My thread is up now! http://www.therpf.com/f24/iron-man-mark-vi-wip-polyethylene-rivets-solo-build-13-year-old-124897/ :D

Last edited:
This is probably the first year that I didn't decide practically the day after Halloween what I wanted to be the next year... I have been really busy with important life stuff which has been rather distracting. Now that that is more under control, though, I have been thinking about it more.

I am not sure between a couple of costumes I could pull together between now and then. I am already working on Baby Doll from Sucker Punch (and hopefully one or two of the other costumes... maybe as a group thing with some friends), but I am also considering Leeloo from Fifth Element and Ramona from Scott Pilgrim. So yeah... we'll see!

I've always been a little overdressed too...maybe mine will be easier this year. I'm doing a Jason Vorhees Part VII this year... One of the local bars is having a zombie theme so I figure the same costume will work for it by ditching the mask for makeup.

Hey! Me too! Which one? I'm going oldschool, never played any of the X or legends games.

more of the start of mega man x.. Ill post some progress pics soon

228943_10150246143806680_507896679_7818801_6865520_n.jpg

6045756593_70a660e02a_b.jpg

gotta bring in the ear pieces since i made em too big lol, still a work in progresssss :D... its my first big costume project, last year was easy in comparison (was Ryu).. So ive never used all this fun fiberglass bondo stuff before :D

Last edited:
I'm going as the classic comic Spider-Man. My girl will be the classic Black Cat. I picked up a suit from Frontier Costuming. Should arrive in 60 days. Trying to figure out how to construct a Webpack to carry my stuff in.

Last year, I did my own take on The Joker... influenced by the concept art from TDK (The suit and homemade prostetics worked out really well). My girl was Poison Ivy.

Last edited:
I'm still trying to decide on a costume. I need something flexible as I'll be going to a halloween contra dance. I'm thinking something along the lines of either a 66 or comic style Batman.

Putting the breaks on my Spartan II armor and throwing together a Army of Two gear with an attempt at sculpting with clay (I'm a noob with clay)

working on a custom set of spartan III armor, hope to have it done for Halo-Ween ;p

here's what's done so far:
Helmet (needs to be molded [plan to this weekend])

1 Thigh (needs to be molded)

Cod and belt + pocket (also needs to be molded)

Gauntlet (already molding)

And the Hand Plate (needs to be molded)

I have no idea, I spend a year working on something then I don't want to wear it on Halloween, does that make sense at all?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back