Halliwax's weird V3 theory

boys, i got a big problem right now...

v3 13.png

we cant see the hole for the power wire... but check out the curve on the left side of that d ring

all the other angles the d ring looks like the one on the v3 today, expect this last photo... is it camera angle? or is this d ring different then the v3...

side view.JPG

IMG_3926.JPG

IMG_3924.JPG

boy oh boy... and you guys had to post this at 9:30pm... im not going to bed now..

I think the V3 set up is remarkably similar to Bunkers' diagram. The hole in the emitter is the perfect size for a bearing! Not sure how it deep it would need to go?

Lol can't believe we didn't pick up on that hole sooner. Yeah unfortunately he doesn't turn it far enough to see.

I always figured the D ring got swapped later idk but...

Also uhm. Sorry for the quick drawing and probably a bad choice of V3 pic:
1613788792255.png
1613788632414.png

Does the scalloped edge seem a LOT thicker than the V3..?

boys, i got a big problem right now...

View attachment 1427864

we cant see the hole for the power wire... but check out the curve on the left side of that d ring

all the other angles the d ring looks like the one on the v3 today, expect this last photo... is it camera angle? or is this d ring different then the v3...

View attachment 1427868

View attachment 1427869

View attachment 1427870

boy oh boy... and you guys had to post this at 9:30pm... im not going to bed now..
Hm.........Warehouse D ring was done by hand, crushed more on one side than the other. (in that pic) left side is straighter. V3 D ring is almost perfect, like it was just snipped and done with a Vice. (Makes me wonder if the D ring was part of the restoration, The V2 and ranch saber also have warped D rings

I think the V3 set up is remarkably similar to Bunkers' diagram. The hole in the emitter is the perfect size for a bearing! Not sure how it deep it would need to go?

Lol can't believe we didn't pick up on that hole sooner. Yeah unfortunately he doesn't turn it far enough to see.

I always figured the D ring got swapped later idk but...

Also uhm. Sorry for the quick drawing and probably a bad choice of V3 pic:
View attachment 1427878 View attachment 1427877

Does the scalloped edge seem a LOT thicker than the V3..?
9a8e0be49306f4305b87be4cd8dc0d473c761d89.gif

Hm.........Warehouse D ring was done by hand, crushed more on one side than the other. (in that pic) left side is straighter. V3 D ring is almost perfect, like it was just snipped and done with a Vice. (Makes me wonder if the D ring was part of the restoration, The V2 and ranch saber also have warped D rings
To the point . Warped is one thing... that is quite another. It’s outer profile is so big it is more like a horse hoof.
And yeah LOM the bottom step is much deeper than any other.
This maybe a V4?? “Aka Halliwax conspiracy revealed!”

Sweet mother of god.. there is another...

Now the big question.. is the dueling saber in the throne room the freakn v3.. or is that this warehouse saber dressed up?!

Does this explain why there is 2 different emitters on the v3? Because the emitters were never swapped out.. they are 2 completely different sabers?

Sweet mother of god.. there is another...

Now the big question.. is the dueling saber in the throne room the freakn v3.. or is that this warehouse saber dressed up?!

Does this explain why there is 2 different emitters on the v3? Because the emitters were never swapped out.. they are 2 completely different sabers?
I have been wondering LITERALLY this for years. We have very little info on the throne room dueling stunts. Maybe that is the V3 and this v4 is a practice stunt, paired with the ANH Motorized Gx that they carried through filming. Maybe the throne room is not the V3...

I have always wondered in the back of my mind if the V3 was cobbled together for use as a mold master.

I have been wondering LITERALLY this for years. We have very little info on the throne room dueling stunts. Maybe that is the V3 and this v4 is a practice stunt, paired with the ANH Motorized Gx that they carried through filming. Maybe the throne room is not the V3...

I have always wondered in the back of my mind if the V3 was cobbled together for use as a mold master.

We can confirm the cat walk scene with the luke in shackles we can confirm is the v3 for sure

Now with everything else.. holy hell

Welp, now I have to re-evaluate a lot of pics!

I'm still going to stand by the Endor swipe pick up shot being the V3 in its final production form. It's very consistent with the V3's condition imo. Black emitter under all the copper and tape, first ring under the windvane is loosing paint too. And its in California its final place for many years.
1613791361195.png
1613791376817.png

At least this is still the V3 for sure ha. D-ring hole lines up to wire hole, you can see the clamp holes too. edit: Halliwax beat me but here's the pic!
1613790957274.png

Here's a RotJ screen cap from the duel for a windvane color reference. But yeah there are only a few BTS pics and most of them are in motion or too far away to make any details...
1613791081726.png

Since we're looking at ESB hilts now... These two stick out to me as we can at least see the D-ring a bit.
1613791539419.png
1613791624483.png

On the bright side - if the warehouse saber is in fact another, that means there is another chance for the V3 to have set screws under the clamp for a motor! :p

Welp, now I have to re-evaluate a lot of pics!

I'm still going to stand by the Endor swipe pick up shot being the V3 in its final production form. It's very consistent with the V3's condition imo. Black emitter under all the copper and tape, first ring under the windvane is loosing paint too. And its in California its final place for many years.
View attachment 1427889 View attachment 1427890

At least this is still the V3 for sure ha. D-ring hole lines up to wire hole, you can see the clamp holes too. edit: Halliwax beat me but here's the pic!
View attachment 1427881

Here's a RotJ screen cap from the duel for a windvane color reference. But yeah there are only a few BTS pics and most of them are in motion or too far away to make any details...
View attachment 1427884

Since we're looking at ESB hilts now... These two stick out to me as we can at least see the D-ring a bit.
View attachment 1427891 View attachment 1427892

On the bright side - if the warehouse saber is in fact another, that means there is another chance for the V3 to have set screws under the clamp for a motor! :p

It’s looking more and more that way

I love this all.

Actually, as weird as it is, i was suggesting the V3 was put together earlier in production to make the master mold. Clamp, edge card, etc.

Then youve still got a hilt for a stand in for the pick up shots

Danny thank you for that confirmation, i see the small circular d ring on there too

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back