Half life 2 - HEV Suit. (pic heavy) - Carry on med-kit! 31/7

Re: Half life 2 - HEV Suit. (pic heavy) - Full suit-up pics added p2!

great work mister!

shame you'd never be allowed to carry a real crow bar to a Con'

Hows the med-pack carry all XD I just got a standard strap onto the leg carrier and fastened it to the thigh armour, little personal touches.

Stay Frosty

/M

Hey guys! To quote you here m8, I did decide to build a carry on med-pack.

Its made from a foam box. The box rests in a fabric made bag, equipped with an old laptop strap. It holds a small drink bottle, my phone, super glue and keys n stuff. So i can be independant of my friends. Don't want to be asking them for stuff all the time.

Anyway here are the pics!

6RRexAO.jpg

owxzCbe.jpg

IL2g9Pt.jpg

qeb8eto.jpg

After construction i added a vial with fluo green liquid (to give it a half life touch), a black mesa patch and allot of weathering with washes to make it complete.
The strap will go around the shoulder under the armor. But above the foam flaps.

Allot of suit up pictures are comming as gamescom gets closer. Next weekend its there!!!! my first cosplay run and my first time wearing this in public!!! My friend will be bringing his camera so i should have loads of pictures.

Hope you enjoyed this little extra prop.

-Hopli-

I really like how you used magnets to strap on the armor pieces. Could you go into a little more detail on how you went about that? Do the slide locks use magnets too? Or are they more like puzzle pieces that join together?

I really like how you used magnets to strap on the armor pieces. Could you go into a little more detail on how you went about that? Do the slide locks use magnets too? Or are they more like puzzle pieces that join together?

Hey thx! The magnets just hold it close, the slide lock is not really a 'lock' its more a way to keep everything aligned and flush. Leaving no gap. I had to add a standard backpack clicker on the bottom though. With the undersuit the magnets on the bottom couldn't hold and the suit clicks open. But with the clicker all is well now.

Hopli

excellent! stick some LED's behind that tub of liquid to get a sexy glow effect XD

Looks sick mate, eager to see it all together in 1 place :)

Stay Frosty

/M

I just watched a video about the fan-made "Black Mesa" remake of the last level(s) of HL1, then wondered if anyone had made a good Gordon Freeman costume and eventually found this build!

I know it's an old thread, but had to say this was really great work! :D

The foam work looks amazing and very solid. I especially like the dovetailed joints in the shin-guards, that was genius.

I would love to see a bit of rub&buff silver added to the metallic parts to make them pop.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back