Guyver Props

fettster

Sr Member
Hi all,

Do we have any Guyver fans here?

If so, what props have you got and whats available.

Pics would be good.Anyone? :D

I'm a big fan of the Guyver anime movies. I have some unfinished Guyver models and this helmet that I made a while back.
guyver1_1.jpg

Originally posted by fettster@Jan 4 2006, 01:10 PM
Hi all,

[snapback]1150301[/snapback]​

Originally posted by VashDstampede+Jan 4 2006, 03:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VashDstampede @ Jan 4 2006, 03:23 PM)</div>
I'm a big fan of the Guyver anime movies.  I have some unfinished Guyver models and this helmet that I made a while back. 
guyver1_1.jpg

<!--QuoteBegin-fettster
@Jan 4 2006, 01:10 PM
Hi all,

[snapback]1150301[/snapback]​
[snapback]1150337[/snapback]​
[/b]

nice helmet sculpt.

Is it wearable?

Originally posted by fettster

nice helmet sculpt.

Is it wearable?
[snapback]1150350[/snapback]​

I have a small head, so it fits my head, snug, but fits. I sold a casting a while back and have a couple of castings in my garage that needs some TLC, but haven't had time to work on them.

I love the guyver i also have a friend who has told me she made props i will ask her if she has any pictures of what she made laying around.

ive got this resin helmet i havent gotten aroudn to finishing,i think its mostly based on the first movie helmet.

helmets2.jpg

great photo.

I have just ordered that kit. I cant wait for it to arrive.

How big is it? do you think it could be modified to be worn?

Originally posted by Kylash327@Jan 5 2006, 06:16 AM
ive got this resin helmet i havent gotten aroudn to finishing,i think its mostly based on the first movie helmet.

helmets2.jpg

[snapback]1151052[/snapback]​

if you want to pm me, ill tell you where you can get one.

Originally posted by Bowelrock@Jan 5 2006, 07:18 AM
That kit his hard as hell to find..  IT was molded off one of the stunt helmets.
[snapback]1151074[/snapback]​

hi guys,

got my guyver head this morning and it looks awesome.

i dont think i can mod it to be wearable so im gonna trick it out with lights in the eyes and im gonna work on the control metal to see if i can rig some leds into that aswell.

anyone got the guyver unit prop?

I used to have a latex mask molded off the movie molds. I needed some money at the time and sold it..... a big regrate to this day :cry

This was about 10 years ago..... a friend of my was the bass player in Screaming Mad George's band, so he took me to George's shop in Sun Vally and check out some of the cool Guyver props.

Anyone know of a source for these movie resin heads in the U.S.?
I see them on ebay being sold by sellers from the Phillipines and Thailand. I really don't like to buy stuff from there and support recasters.

Nick

got mine from the uk if thats anygood.

its an online model shop so i dont think they recast.

let me know if you want the web address

yeah a friend of mine cut it in such a way that it was wearable, cut it along sculpted in seams and it turned out pretty good, its just heavy resin. Mine had a few cracks in it that you can see i was patching up.

Originally posted by Kylash327@Jan 13 2006, 07:51 PM
yeah a friend of mine cut it in such a way that it was wearable, cut it along sculpted in seams and it turned out pretty good, its just heavy resin. Mine had a few cracks in it that you can see i was patching up.
[snapback]1158161[/snapback]​

can you show me how they cut it?

no pics im afraid. He basically just cur around the side seams and around the back of the horn...it was pretty ingenius.

So it kinda hinges like a Power Ranger helmet?? I thought of sculpting this and casting in as a Mask with a foam Core just like the Originals.

Just FYI......On the movie Guyver mask, the eye holes are actually on either sides of the forehead control metal (between the muscle details). This makes lighting the eye lens easier.

Unlike Ultraman masks which sits very high on your head to make you look taller, the Guyver mask have small anime facial features and sits very low on the mask, thus the costumer's eye line is much higher than the sculpted mask's eye lens.

Nick

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back