"Gun zip bag" Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Need help.

OzzySwe

One of my favorite films in modern history has to be the 2011 remake of "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" staring Gary Oldman, Mark Strong, Toby Jones, Tom Hardy among others...

And there is one item in particular that catches my attention: It's near the end, when Smiley unpacks his PPK from his leather briefcase.
The gun in question is stored on a semi transparent zip bag, (extremely 70's looking).

Can anyone please help me identify the bag or at least can give me a hint of what it is? I refuse to think it's a one off made for the film, or at least copied/replicated.

454151.jpg

456458641.jpg

5456415.jpg

12341521.jpg

Last edited:
Looks to me like a waterproof zip pouch, often used for protecting personal bits and bobs during outdoor activities (hiking, surfing, snowboarding, etc). Did a quick search on the ol’ bookstore and found a general example.

Resembles a pencil bag that would go in a binder or maybe a makeup bag.
That was my thoughts as well, although it's like finding a needle in a haystack

Looks to me like a waterproof zip pouch, often used for protecting personal bits and bobs during outdoor activities (hiking, surfing, snowboarding, etc). Did a quick search on the ol’ bookstore and found a general example.

Wow, just wow.... I'm amazed, you were able to track it down that fast? o_O
Might be the real thing since the stitching and material seems to match, or at least pretty damn close!

Wow, just wow.... I'm amazed, you were able to track it down that fast? o_O
Might be the real thing since the stitching and material seems to match, or at least pretty damn close!

That’s the beauty of the community! The wealth of shared knowledge regarding obscure materials and items here is a phenomenal thing.

It may not be an exact match, but I’m pretty sure that’s the type of object you’re trying to find. Not sure I ever saw the movie, but it would make thematic sense to keep most pistols from being overexposed to the elements. With that you can at least narrow the search to find a slew of options, then compare them to the movie.

If you’re having trouble ID-ing the actual prop, feel free to throw some more captures or video clips up and I can look through some more niche sites to find a match in my spare time.

That’s the beauty of the community! The wealth of shared knowledge regarding obscure materials and items here is a phenomenal thing.

It may not be an exact match, but I’m pretty sure that’s the type of object you’re trying to find. Not sure I ever saw the movie, but it would make thematic sense to keep most pistols from being overexposed to the elements. With that you can at least narrow the search to find a slew of options, then compare them to the movie.

If you’re having trouble ID-ing the actual prop, feel free to throw some more captures or video clips up and I can look through some more niche sites to find a match in my spare time.

Indeed, although the screen caps is literately all you see of it in the movie.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back