Groundhog Day Panasonic radio?

DarkHelmet

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, has anyone attempted to rig the Panasonic radio with the sound from the movie?

What a cool prop that would be. Modify the alarm with the soundbite of the song and DJ's.....

After the hassle of finding a good working example, not eager to open it up anytime soon.
The thought of course has crossed my mind.
I see no reason you could not put a small mp3 player in it to play whatever you wanted, getting it to trip with the alarm would be more involved though but I am certain could be done.

What model is it?

RC-6025 which was the white plastic option (6030 was woodgrain)

Based on screen comparisons, it is my strong view that the clock in the film is heavily based on the above.
It is not however not exactly the same.
Many subtle and not obvious things are different and they obviously had made some custom clocks and of course the destructable stunt clock too.

Updating with photo.

IMG_4284.jpg

I've been looking for a while and they're always so damned expensive, but definitely a prop I must have one day to put on my nightstand.

Gregg

I've been looking for a while and they're always so damned expensive, but definitely a prop I must have one day to put on my nightstand.

Gregg
Agreed; they're pricey. I saw one a month or two ago for about two bills on fleaBay. And I wasn't even looking for this particular clock: just for a nice, vintage flip clock.

Hi Guys,
Just to let you know the clock in the movie was remote controlled to flip between 5:59 and 6:00 . Every other number was 5:59 and the other is 6:00 . They shot all of the wake ups in two days. There was 3 of the distructo clocks made.

HMS Mike

Hi Guys,
Just to let you know the clock in the movie was remote controlled to flip between 5:59 and 6:00 . Every other number was 5:59 and the other is 6:00 . They shot all of the wake ups in two days. There was 3 of the distructo clocks made.

HMS Mike

Yeah, there are lots of tell tale signs it's not a stock clock.
I think they even cast their own shells off the original.

Where he picks up the clock to throw it down, the bottom is nearly featureless. The real clock has air vents and all kinds of things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZbtAFq7dP8

That's cool to know which clock it is. I ripped the audio from the scene in the movie where you can hear the clock the best and put it on CD so I could use it in my alarm clock/CD player. I got kinda bad about sleeping through it though so I had to switch it back to the standard irritating buzzing sound.

Yeah, there are lots of tell tale signs it's not a stock clock.
I think they even cast their own shells off the original.

Where he picks up the clock to throw it down, the bottom is nearly featureless. The real clock has air vents and all kinds of things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZbtAFq7dP8

Hi guys,
Well actually they were vacuumformed 1/8" styrene. We purchased other flip clocks for the flippers. The real clocks were hard to find even back then.

HMS Mike

Just stumlbed across this site trying to find information about my RC-6025 to sell it! I'll definitely be checking it out as this is a cool place! :)

Hope you don't mind me bumping an old thread.

The one I have is complete but unworking. Radio never worked when I had it but the time and light did. Plugged it in today and it appears totally dead.

The flip clock mechanisms are electro-mechanical and not much to them so I'm sure that would be easy to fix. Unsure what's wrong with the radio portion but it sounds like you guys want to gut one anyways!

Super good prop idea. My bf would love this, he's a Groundhog day fanatic.

My grandma has a bunch of old clocks and things in her storage. If I can find that model, I'm going to attempt this.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back