Groot 6 months in the making, lost some motivation so it's photo time!

Skissored

Here's everything I've got so far, it's far from complete so I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by how much still need to be finished before my April deadline. It's the biggest project I've taken on since starting costuming. Considering selling it when it's done but it would feel like a waste after all the time put in and I don't know if there's anyone out there willing to pay much.

That's my rambling for now, here's loads of progress photos condensed to one nice album

http://imgur.com/a/2FJCX

Things I'm still needing to finish, both arms, hands, waist/thighs, painting, adding moss! and finally plasti-dip everything.
I'm not a very technical artist, more of a 'figure it out as I go' artist which explains all the revisions. I probably will continue until the day it needs to be worn. This is the kind of costumes I love making. Trying to pull myself around to finishing by April.

What marvellous and ingenious work! This is really stunning and the costume has such personality and presence. Absolutely superb!

You have nothing to worry about. It all looks great and the head is brilliant. The main focus is on the head.
I would strongly suggest that you use ankle or walking boots for support as you can twist your ankle and be injured for life.

Your on the home stretch now...last little push.

cheers

I like how you moved the mask to a helmet, and the detail on the face and eyes looks great! The friendly look your going for works well. The detail is very well done, I like the paint job and the moss effect you went for as well. I didn't see anything wrong with the hands, but then again I'm not wearing it. Keep up the good work, once your finished you will always see things you wish you had done, or didn't do. The big thing is just to get it done. Stay motivated, you can do it. Love the build so far....

Beautiful work. This shows that ordinary materials are all you need when you have extraordinary talent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back