Grimm (2011)

punky859

So i just finished watching the first episode of NBC's new show Grimm, and i have to say it was pretty good :D

but I'm looking for some other opinions on it, whats your opinion of the whole thing?
will it make a good series?
do we have any interesting props to bring forward from it? (I'm thinking about making a quick key/pendant thing)

Buffy, Angel, and Supernatural, and certainly others.. anything about this look like it is setting itself apart or making it worth watching?

i my defense i have never followed any of those....but look at the writers and directors... they did work for Buffy which would explain the similarities

I got about half way through the episode before I gave up on it. I wasn't impressed with the script or the directing, but then again I've never been able to really get into supernatural themed shows.

I liked it a lot. As a fan of all supernatural based shows I had hoped it would be good and I was not disappointed. having a great song be part of the first episode did not hurt.
Since it is filmed here in Portland I may have to try and check it out in person.:thumbsup

I vote for a tentative 'liked it'

not completely sold on it, but didn't hate it either. Seems like a fun mindless watch, I like the big bad wolf sidekick aspect.

The wife however loves it.

Two episodes in and the show is kind of so so. At least to me. The pretty blonde girl who growls and shows her bad teeth when she turns into a scary creature is the most interesting aspect.

the only aspect i dislike is the bad effects on the monsters when they change :/ they need to do something with that

i think if they hired some special effects makeup artists to work with them they could get some good scenes :) they need to stop with the widescreen angles of poorly animated monsters too :/ its kind of embarrassing :p

ill still follow it to see if any good changes are made and ill definitely be making props from this :p

I vote for a tentative 'liked it'

not completely sold on it, but didn't hate it either. Seems like a fun mindless watch, I like the big bad wolf sidekick aspect.

The wife however loves it.

the only aspect i dislike is the bad effects on the monsters when they change :/ they need to do something with that

I just watched it On Demand today - I was home sick and needed something that didn't require too much focus. It was ok, watchable but not something I'd devote a lot of time to. If I need something to watch, I'll catch more episodes On Demand.

I'm liking the show but I've found the first two episodes to be slow...
Wanting more answers and background in terms of the mythology within in the show but I'm still hooked.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back