Greble farming...

ID10T

Sr Member
So, I’m surrounded by all sorts of junk here at work. Today, I started filling a box with the stuff I thought might be interesting for random props, and perhaps, someone might recognize something where I could help identify it.

I disassembled the hard drive today, and those have some neat stuff inside (including a pair of EVIL magnets that I’m sure will come in handy.

Random stuff otherwise, but I know what most of it is. I will be adding to the box and taking pictures of the interesting stuff as the collection grows.

6CE81DFA-1981-4780-88AD-75B82EB72F15.jpeg

Nice! I always have an eye out for little bits and pieces. I've got several trays full of greebles. Everything from soda bottle lids and McDonald's toys to parts of broken power tools.

Yeah, it’s fun. I mentioned elsewhere that I’m considering making “random” props that have no direct connection to any particular movie. Just cool looking “equipment” that may be interesting to someone, perhaps for a future film (pro or fan based).

Not that I have time for that but...

They are super thin, and if I can get them off the steel, I think they would be quite useful.

Neat info, the steel you are referring to us actually a nickel alloy called Mu-metal which blocks magnetic fields. You will notice that despite how powerful those magnets are, it is strongly diminished on the other side of the metal.

Be careful this stuff has a way of multiplying, I'm currently at 1400 sqft.
I'll make movie and prop references in functioning projects from time to time. This switch switches over some equipment to a backup.
A
114.jpg

I have a few of those shiny HDD platters myself. I have no idea what I'll ever use them for, but I can't bring myself to throw them out! :lol:

Now I wonder where the hell I put them...

I’m limiting it to the one box i have. If I fill it, I’ll have to use stuff to make room for more.

Oh child! I remember back when life was so simple, clean and certain. Back when I held my first greble with hope and promise. Before they befriended me, then manipulated me, then enslaved me. Now imprisoned, owned and tormented by a thousand and more little beasties from which I cannot turn away. :lol:.

I have a few of those shiny HDD platters myself. I have no idea what I'll ever use them for, but I can't bring myself to throw them out! :lol:

Now I wonder where the hell I put them...

Same here! I had a few hard drives of my own that I took apart when they failed. So I had a little stack and figured they were too good, for some reason..., to throw away. Then last year we moved stuff out of my grandpa's house because they were selling it and he had a ton of computer parts and old PCs. So I took apart about 6-8 hard drives and I ended up finally pitching the platters from those. So now I'll probably need them.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back