Gravity Falls' Book Number 3

Sooo awesome! I really need to watch this show! I've heard a lot about it but I never end up watch most shows till the seasons come out on dvd.

sorry there haven't been any update for a really long time now, I've been busy with life so i limited my work to just deviant art for awhile , but here I am, ready to continue with this threat
enough typing, here's some update
View attachment 400870

View attachment 400873

View attachment 400874

View attachment 400875

tassel.jpg------------------------------------------------watch.png

The tassel always is shown coming out the top of the book and the magnifier comes out the bottom. You can even see the cord of the magnifier in the bottom of the first picture. Is it possible that the tassel and the magnifier are on two ends of a single string ?

I can tell you are not crafting yours to be wielded by a 7 year old :) Absolutely love the internal detail you are going in to. Bravo Sir, Bravo.

Mine was little more than a box but in fairness was my first ever prop (said like it was longer than 6 months ago ;))

2014-08-11 18.47.02.jpg2014-08-11 18.46.34.jpg2014-08-11 18.47.25.jpg2014-08-11 18.47.43.jpg

I'm considering doing this prop. It's a tough build, definitely. The book constantly changes sizes in the cartoon. And hand drawing the insides is difficult.
Flynn is amazing. I may have to offer to pay him to do the inside of my book.....

:)

oh, then I'm sorry, I'm having trouble making 1 book, left alone 2 and ship it oversea. sorry, but you could try it yourself too, it ought to be fun.

I'll be doing the Book #3 in February. I can do all the outside the way I want it, I just need the inside done. You mentioned you were looking for the right magnifier, I can provide you with one since I did the design and had it printed at Shapeways. I could have one printed in brass for you and trade it for your help doing the INSIDE of my book. My cost for a magnifier is about $140.

Wow this is SO cool! Leo, the art work and attention to detail is amazing!
Are you an artist by trade? Your ability to recreate the original images is incredible. What type of book or journal did you end up using for your copy?

Hey everybody, I'm trying to put together a Dipper cosplay for MetroCon possibly and I really want to have a journal. I don't need the invisible ink right now or anything super fancy. Does anybody know of a place online I can print the pages to life-size and a good tutorial for book making?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back