Graflex Reborn

Re: Junk Graflex

Thanks. It still has some blemishes if you look at it under certain lighting conditions but they are very light. I think this fits with the used look of items in star wars. I may use the grips that came with it or get new ones. I still like the way it looks with the glass eye but im going to make this one my esb since most of the parts are there.

I've been looking for a decent graflex or replica for so long, unfortunately I lose out and don't have hundreds to spend on one. what is considered a good deal on these? not a great deal just a decent find?

Hi all
With all the talk of a new Star Wars movie Ive decided to revisit this unfinished project. Im going to use the grips that came with it even thought hey are not screen accurate but not concerned with that at this point. Havent decided if im going to use screws or rivets on the grips. What is the best glue to use on the grips? thanks

Remembering when people were trying to replicate the graflex, I remembered the RPF member "biskit" had tried this a long time ago.
I wonder what ever happened to him.

The name sounds familiar. Its a shame the prices are so high on the originals. The Graflex is what got me started in propmaking years ago. Used to make them out of hardware store parts.

IMG_0248.JPGIMG_0252.JPGIMG_0249.JPGIMG_0251.JPGIMG_0245.JPGIMG_0243.JPGHello all
Well was at it again today. Decided to go ahead and work on this some more while waiting on parts from Matsuo for my pulse rifle. added the empire style grips. Not very accurate but they came with it and were in good shape. Marked the holes for the rivets/screws and drilled out the holes. Then used a tap to thread them.The small buttonhead screws were leftover from another saber project from long ago. To glue the grips I used gorilla gel super glue. Great stuff! Set very quickly and so far have not come off. The piece in the clamp came with the saber when I bought it. Not bad looking in my opinion but will probably change it out for the more accurate piece when I find one. I mounted the d ring upside down cause I like the way it looks. Pics included So You tell me was it worth t 75 bucks I paid for it?

Thanks. I still have to make a bulb release lever as mine is missing. Anyone have an extra or at least can tell me how to make one?

Seeing this thread comes up still pisses me off about losing money to GR back when the amount was about six months spending cash for me.

Rubs me the same way a thread would feel, I imagine, if it were a recaster showing off his workmanship and the person stolen from was viewing. Can't really feel good about applauding effort to finish a piece you never received but paid for. You're showing off something I paid to have made and never got. Congrats.

Well sorry you feel that way. Not my intetion to rub anyone the wrong way here. I dont look at it as recasting. Im still not sure if this is infact a graflex reborn saber. Has anyone ever bought or received one of these? The upper half could be a graflex original. The clamp has GR on and the bottom half is a cm or two too long and definately homemade not machine made. Sorry you got taken but as far as I know you were not the only one. This was a basket case of parts that I put back together and as far as Im concerned turned out better than I had first thought.

... ehm well is that a screw that holds the bunny ears in place? Or more like a rivet?

Those red buttons seem like replica's to me . . . however it's hard to tell from your
pictures though.

-Chaim

Yes they are replicas.The one on top came with the saber. The red button on the bottom is my own replica. The bunny ears are held in with a pop rivet shaft. When I got the saber some things were missing or just wrong. Im not saying this is a real graflex just not sure what is accurate and what isn't.

Well ... do search for graflex threads by means of the search button and you'll find the one that reveals all the tells soon enough.

-Chaim

Turned out nice. But, yeah...Graflex Reborn will stir up a lot of anger in folks. That project has to go back to about 1998. It also amazes me how these pieces apparently wound up out there on the market somehow when those who were on customer lists, myself included, had been waiting on them and never got Shiite. If I recall, there were also MPP and Obi-ANH projects, as well. GR ranks right up there with EDC studios as far as I'm concerned. Folks who've been around for a while will know what I mean.

You really polished it up nicely. Nice find and good job, sir!

Turned out nice. But, yeah...Graflex Reborn will stir up a lot of anger in folks. That project has to go back to about 1998. It also amazes me how these pieces apparently wound up out there on the market somehow when those who were on customer lists, myself included, had been waiting on them and never got Shiite. If I recall, there were also MPP and Obi-ANH projects, as well. GR ranks right up there with EDC studios as far as I'm concerned. Folks who've been around for a while will know what I mean.

You really polished it up nicely. Nice find and good job, sir!

Wow! Kinda feel like I kicked over a hornets nest with all the bad fellings here. I originally bought this on ebay not knowing it was a GR.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back