Unlimited Run GOTG - Yet Another Star-Lord Helmet KIT

MrRoboto

NOTE ON "RUNS" & ORDERING:

Like all my kits, these are ALWAYS FOR SALE.

Because of the nature of my business, and the fact I also run a public storefront, I do not offer the typical "runs." Once I have at least 4-5 total orders (between my assorted kits), I take a day to cast and ship them.

That means if you're thinking about getting one, and wonder when it will ship, place an order ASAP. The sooner I get enough orders, the sooner they all get made and delivered.

Helmet is cast in Smooth-On Onyx resin. Tubes/bits cast in Smooth-On 300. Kit includes a 1 piece slush cast helmet, all assorted tubes/bits, and 2 red acrylic lenses.

Helmet Pricing:

Helmet is $250
Shipping to the US and Canada is $45 and includes insurance, tracking, and signature on delivery.
International shipping (including the UK, Canada, Russia, and Australia) is $80 and includes insurance and tracking. Allow 6-10 days. (Other countries, PM me)

@Risu is now selling eye kits for my helmets!

Ordering Info:

Go here and place an order, then pay with PayPal.

The link is to my store. It takes all the guesswork out of PayPal payments, automatically counts the number of orders, and makes sure I don't miss anybody.

This is an unlimited run. I ship these out in batches when I have enough orders to justify making a run to the shipping center.

I am NOT offering finished/painted versions of the helmet. The one pictures was one of 5 I made, and I won't be doing any more in the foreseeable future.

PHOTOS

Raw Cast

2015-01-28 20.58.03.jpg2015-01-28 21.10.26.jpg2015-01-28 21.11.53.jpg2015-01-28 21.13.01.jpg2015-01-28 21.01.23.jpg

Finished Helmet

StarlordHelmet-1.jpgStarlordHelmet-4.jpgStarlordHelmet-3.jpg
StarlordHelmet-7.jpgStarlordHelmet-9.jpgStarlordHelmet-10.jpg
StarlordHelmet-19.jpgStarlordHelmet-18.jpgStarlordHelmet-14.jpgStarlordHelmet-20.jpg

More photos at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.778718212176987.1073741848.219775221404625&type=3

FINISHING

Paints Used

This photo has been on FB for a while now (link in my info, and mentioned many times in this thread), but to save my mentioning it every couple days the link is again:

https://www.facebook.com/SoloRoboto...9775221404625/776995982349210/?type=3&theater

Flanges

Basic instructions on Page 2, as well as on Facebook (www.facebook.com/SoloRoboto)

2015-02-07 00.33.36.jpg2015-02-07 00.34.04.jpg2015-02-07 00.35.25.jpg

Last edited:
For some reason, the link to my store for ordering a helmet isn't loading on Tapatalk (what I use to view the forums on my phone), but it IS on my computer...

If anybody knows why that might be, please let me know.

Otherwise, here it is again: http://www.soloroboto.com/?p=515

This helmet looks absolutely stunning !!! Cant wait to get mine, and I sure hope RISU can get a lens kit working for this version. Amazing work my friend !!

Well, that's stunning work. I'm not in the market, but I've alerted a friend who's been looking for a good kit.

Just went to your sight and Bought mine!!
This is a truly beautiful helmet. So glad another seller refunded my money because I didn't send it a s a gift.
Thank you!!!! Everything happens for a reason!!!! So nice. Looking forward to it.........
Thank you,
AL

This helmet is magnificent! Can't wait to get mine. Paid on the 11th of March. Really hoping it will ship out tomorrow??? Fingers crossed.

Thanks again Roboto!

This helmet is magnificent! Can't wait to get mine. Paid on the 11th of March. Really hoping it will ship out tomorrow??? Fingers crossed.

Thanks again Roboto!

lol. It won't be that fast! I still have to cast each of these by hand, and I much prefer to make them and ship them in batches, as opposed to mailing each one as it gets done.

I'll be doing a batch this week along with some other casts, so I'll be trying my best to get to whatever orders come in during that time (like yours).

EDIT: just re-read the date you said: Yes! Yours is in the batch that goes out this week!

lol. It won't be that fast! I still have to cast each of these by hand, and I much prefer to make them and ship them in batches, as opposed to mailing each one as it gets done.

I'll be doing a batch this week along with some other casts, so I'll be trying my best to get to whatever orders come in during that time (like yours).

EDIT: just re-read the date you said: Yes! Yours is in the batch that goes out this week!

Ahh, nice! Thanks :thumbsup

And to head this off again (since I'm still getting PMs about it), I'm sorry, but NO, I will NOT be selling more painted versions of the helmets. Nor will I do the boring cleanup work to make them paint ready. I'm proud to hear that people would like the same finish on their helmets! But the 5 I made drained any desire I have to do any more (I don't even have one of my own yet!).

And to head this off again (since I'm still getting PMs about it), I'm sorry, but NO, I will NOT be selling more painted versions of the helmets. Nor will I do the boring cleanup work to make them paint ready. I'm proud to hear that people would like the same finish on their helmets! But the 5 I made drained any desire I have to do any more (I don't even have one of my own yet!).

These are so clean, that I am fine with painting myself, can't go wrong, get some good pin stripe tape, 3M purple/blue tape from a auto body paint supplier!!!'You'll be fine!!!!
Can't wait!!!
AL

At some point in the next coupe of weeks I'll try to get a rundown of how I painted them, I believe I have photos of the whole process. It's not difficult - just time consuming (I spent over a week doing nothing but painting those 5 helmets).

And I'm partial to Tamiya masking tape. ;)

I am looking forward to this. lol

At some point in the next coupe of weeks I'll try to get a rundown of how I painted them, I believe I have photos of the whole process. It's not difficult - just time consuming (I spent over a week doing nothing but painting those 5 helmets).

And I'm partial to Tamiya masking tape. ;)

Yes , that Tamiya yellow tape is incredible, just the right amount of tack, Hands down the best I've used, it also helps to lay the tape on your shirt before application to take that factory tackiness down even further as an insurance policy for pulling up your base color when pulling it off,plus you can buy it in the nifty little grey dispensers,lol my two cents.

I shipped out the first round of helmets today to those who purchased in March.

I'm off to Big Wow ComicFest is San Jose this weekend, and I'm taking a couple with me if anybody is located in Northern California.

I'll be back to casting Tuesday and hopefully shipping out helmets to those who ordered this week shortly after that!

Should be casting up the next round over the coming days, and hopefully shipping by weeks end.

I've currently got time to add a few more helmets to this batch, so if you want one now's a good time!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back