Goonies, The

Discussion in 'Free Replica Paper Props' started by Contec, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Contec

Contec Master Member

Goonies Map

I thought i could share this one with all. This is the treasure map from the movie Goonies.
    Its made from screencaps of the dvd + cut scenes. I did not add the writings to this map because my handwriting sux * and i could not see what it said on some of them. On my own i used yahoo's babelfish for translating the words they says in the movie to spanish.

My own with weathering made from coffee and instant coffee and my newly acquired Copper bones key and Doubloon made by Relicmaker
    [​IMG]
    I have "hidden" a few pirate/movie related topics in the writings that are around the map, some say :
    There be dragons here
    Jack sparrow
    Monkey Island (love those games)
    Cutthroat island
    The black pearl
    North by northwest (love that movie)

Enjoy :)
    /Conny

Warning Big file 1282kb
    [​IMG]

2. Pitbull

Pitbull Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Re: Data's $50 bill (Goonies)

Here are the bills for printout if anyone wants to use unless contec can do better with the bill but overall i like it:cool and great job contec.

[​IMG]

3. PhoenixVader

PhoenixVader Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Re: Data's $50 bill (Goonies)

I have been down with a bad back for a couple days now, forgot to post this in the wallet thread, here is my version, enjoy.

[​IMG]

thomas;)

4. BazzanoJones

BazzanoJones New Member

Re: Free Paper Prop Thread #4 - 2009

Some months ago I've found, lurkin' here on RPF, an image with the borders an the red lines of the Goonies Map. Sorry but I don't remember the author nickname... :confused

I've made some Photoshop work on it to obtain a close-enough free paper prop. Here you can find the hires version of both the front and the back (with all notes): to obtain the hires verion of it click on "Scarica" button and then "Scarica foto". :)

Click fot the Goonies Map Front

Click fot the Goonies Map Back

5. thegreatgalling

thegreatgalling Sr Member

Does anyone have a Copperpot licence?

6. TazVader

TazVader Sr Member

I think you will find Magnoli makes a nice replica but it ain't free;)

Regards
    TAZ

7. TheMalum

TheMalum Well-Known Member

Bazzano Jones, you rock. I'm naming the dog Bazzano!

8. BazzanoJones

BazzanoJones New Member

Ahahah! I read this only now!:lol

Little OT:
    Bazzano it's the little town where I live, near Bologna and Modena, Italy.
    Click here to see Bazzano! :)

9. Arkive Dave

Arkive Dave Member

Dose anyone know how big the Goonies map is , A4, A3?
    I have seen some pic's of some maps maybe A4 but thay just look
    2 small.......any idea's......anyone?
    Thanks
    Dave

10. Imahomer

Imahomer Well-Known Member

I believe I have one. Do you still need/want it??

Mike

11. TomCallhagan

TomCallhagan New Member

Re: Free Paper Prop Thread #4 - 2009

Thank you! I've been looking for a good rez since months...You rock!Thanks! I've to choose a nice paper now.

12. DemonFire

DemonFire Sr Member

I know Mike said he was gonna put up his license soon but figured I'd put mine up aswell. I did have ALOT of help from mike with some of the details that I couldn't figure out. Also I have the Library card I made aswell, it was a combination of a couple different cards from the era that I took bits a pieces of and put it together into something I liked. I tell yea though getting that astoria logo looking good wasn't easy :/

here is what they look like with my wallet:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these are the res and size I printed them to fit in my wallet.

Enjoy fellow Goonies :cool

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  13. Stefan Jones

Stefan Jones Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

thank you !!
    I always wanted to have the wallet. this is great stuff to start with !!

~Stefan Jones

14. Pitbull

Adam great job and thanks for sharing :thumbsup

My I.D is ALMOST complete and it is VERY,VERY Accurate :love

stay tuned

15. Pitbull

HEY YOU GUYS!!!

Here we are as promised my Chester copperpot's Hero wallet I.D. I literally been working on this for months trying to get it exact and I'm very happy with the final result.The only thing that was bugging me was the "CLASS D" part i could not for the life of me make it out but i got everything else pretty much to the exact Film I.D :love.I sized it perfect for wallet size printing so all you have to do is choose wallet size "Fit to Page" print and that's all.Just Right Click @ Save and don't worry it's big enough for wallet sized printing.Below is the Screengrab and picture of the I.D sitting in my wallet.Please enjoy and DON'T distribute to anyone keep it for yourself.I'm officially done with this and not be working on it anymore unless i find out the part that's bugging me.Goonies is my Favorite movie and I'm happy to contribute something in everyone's Goonies Prop displays.

~Mike

[​IMG]
    Screen Grab
    [​IMG]

How it sits in my wallet

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  16. Beechy McFly

Beechy McFly Sr Member

Nice job mike.. Been looking at getting a wallet through Indy Magnoli.. Need to grab one soon.. Note to self..

17. Pitbull

18. Pitbull

BTW I forgot to mention my Copperpot I.D does have all the correct wording :thumbsup.

19. Beechy McFly

Beechy McFly Sr Member

True.> but where do we get the baseball card? Plus I am worried I will frak things up when i try and age it all.. :lol

20. Brigandia36

Brigandia36 Sr Member

I try to have a scan of the baseball card... (Lou Gehrig)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  21. dondablo

dondablo New Member

I got a mint original card on ebay for $3.50 I believe but this was 2 or 3 years ago. I probably need another card because I trimmed (too close to the type) the one I have to fit my first Chester wallet and I really wanna make a more accurate wallet next.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  22. Brigandia36

Brigandia36 Sr Member

I pay $0.99 for one tonight. Ebay is your friend...

23. Beechy McFly

Beechy McFly Sr Member

Will have to have a look..

24. Chief Bast

Chief Bast Well-Known Member

Mike, thanks for showing us your updates on the wallet and for sharing the I.D. when it's done. Do you have any thoughts on the best way to age the wallet? It seems more than simply sandpapered. Perhaps cover it in a nice heavy coating of Fuller's Earth?

25. Pitbull

Updated post #15 I posted the wrong version of my ID so it is now replaced.I hope everyone enjoy's :cool

26. Chief Bast

Chief Bast Well-Known Member

Great, thanks again!

27. DemonFire

DemonFire Sr Member

Awesome work Mike!! (y)thumbsup

I got the baseball card of ebay last year for a few dollars so it won't be that expensive and I didn't have to do anything to it to fit the wallet I have now.

Yea it looks like the wallet will have Fullers Earth on it (might need some pointers on that never even heard of the stuff let alone what to do with it :confused) and some sanding. Mine has just been sanded pretty well.

Gonna look at getting the better wallet after we figure out the bag if not sooner. Believe me I looked high and low on the net at all different kinds of wallets this is the closest I could find, and I just tried amazon on a whim to :confused

28. Pitbull

29. Megamicrofish

Megamicrofish Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

My take on the wallet, not finished yet but W.I.P

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  30. Pitbull

Picture is not showing

31. Megamicrofish

oops, now fixed

32. Pitbull

Looks great Mega :cool,Here's my Wallet that I'll be giving to The Goonies Museum mind you it's still not completed yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  33. Megamicrofish

That wallet looks spot on, where did you snag that one ?

34. Vettius

Vettius Active Member

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

35. Brigandia36

Brigandia36 Sr Member

Source for the wallet ?

36. Stefan Jones

lol, was asking for the astoria library card, and forgot to check the first page:angel

37. Moviefreak

Moviefreak Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

38. DemonFire

DemonFire Sr Member

Lookin good mike, after seeing that I feel more comfortable with my find :)

Now I just have to wait for them to get back in stock...(if they don't come back I'm gonna kick myself for waiting :unsure)

39. Brigandia36

Brigandia36 Sr Member

40. DemonFire

DemonFire Sr Member

I'm working on a new library card right now while I wait for the wallet to get back in stock. Looking on google at old library cards most of them I've seen through a search only go back to the 50's which makes me wonder, and maybe some of those who are alot older then me and remember, if there were any library cards back in the 30's. Cause remember the article is from 1935 saying chester was missing so he would have had to have it in the late 20's early 30's.

Otherwise do we really know what else goes in the wallet? I just ran through the movie again, when the fratellis find chester and the one rummages through the wallet and you see the scraps of paper, but thats about all you see.

41. Megamicrofish

Well if thats the case, they sent me the wrong one.
    The one Amazon sent me is pictured above and its slightly different, it has a small cut out to the left and the window had a hole in the clear plastic which i had to take out and replace :confused

Edit: If you look at the Amazon photo you can see the finger cut out as on mine

42. Pitbull

Everything else is just made up for the wallet.In all honesty you can put anything you want in the wallet like Train ticket,Money,Scrap paper,bus schedule ect.In the movie there should only be the the License ID and some scrap paper that's it.The gehrig card came out of the book not the wallet.

The wallet I used was NOT the Rolfs wallet but all that information will come later, stay tuned.Here's my wallet for the Museum so far it's just about done I'm just waiting on one other thing.

[​IMG]

43. Contec

Contec Master Member

I thought those scraps of paper was decaying money!

44. Pitbull

not even close.If you see when jake fratelli is going through the wallet it just looks like scrap paper maybe a bus schedule or something but it's too hard to make out but i assure you it's not money.

45. DemonFire

DemonFire Sr Member

yea thats what I figured, but thats half the fun making up items to put in it :)

46. Megamicrofish

I hate waiting :lol

47. DemonFire

DemonFire Sr Member

me too :unsure but I know this will be worth the wait:cool

48. jaakub

jaakub Well-Known Member

what was the book that the baseball card was in? has it ever been identified?
    Jim

49. Pitbull

Ok for the wallet and bear with me cause we need to get a little creative here until we can find the most accurate wallet which is highly unlikely.Okay I bought a Buxton Lexington II which can be purchased here http://www.amazon.com/Buxton-Lexington-Convertible-Billfold-Brown/dp/B000CRFCHW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1270559667&sr=8-1 IN BLACK.

Then what i did was since the boarder where the ID sits is slightly inaccurate i cut out the clear plastic protector with an X-acto knife to make it more screen accurate.Chester copperpot's wallet didn't have this covering his ID as i was able to see with high res blue ray screen grabs.So the plastic protector won't matter for this replica even if it has a hole cut out in it.

Ater i cut the plastic protector i had an old wallet laying around or you could get some leather scraps at micheal's or any other craft store for that matter.Then i would trace with a pencil a nice boarder to fit and place on top of the existing one to cover the lettering on the bottom part of the stock boarder,this is not hard at all.The reason Were making a new border is because when you receive your wallets in the mail the left and right side of the boarder is a little bit more skinny than the top and bottom so this is why were making a new cut out boarder and also to cover the writing.

The aging part yeah I'm not an expert but i can tell you to lightly sand paper all around the wallet and a little harder around the edges to give it that worn look.Then what i did was spray the wallet with water to make it SLIGHTLY moist and dab regular baby powder on a cloth/rag and really apply pressure and rubbed it onto the wallet.Most of the powder will come off the wallet but it will get into the seems of the leather and make it look slightly faded.Then you can grab yourself a little brown acrylic paint and rub it all around the wallet to get a little bit of a dirty look.Remember when you put the paint on a rag make sure you use a little at a time and really rub it into the rag so you don't glop it on you want to dictate the amount of an opacity effect to the wallet (Very Important).Now for the flap part which was a pain to figure out cause it's a cloth material and it's non sandable.I tried everything to age it but everything kept falling off so that's when i turned to paint.Now it's very important when you do this not to do too much cause it's a pain to get off.I used an off white almost bage paint and what i did was take a paper towel and dab it in the paint kept a newspaper on hand so every time i dab it i would dab it again on the newspaper so the paint wasn't so excessive.The key is use very little of everything in moderations to get it to your liking and you should be fine.You will understand this more when you have the wallet in hand and feel and see what I'm talking about.

Other than that you should be good to go with making your own replica that i have posted above.Again it's creativity and these methods turned out great for me and I'm satisfied with the accuracy of mine.

Enjoy
    ~Mike

[​IMG]

50. Stefan Jones

Great tutorial - thank you !
    any source for that wallet here in Germany or at least Europe ? They dont sell it at amazon.de . I found a seller on ebay with those wallets, but they don`t ship international. Any idea that could help me ?
    thanks

Stefan Jones