Goongala! Goongala! (Casey Jones Halloween 2013)

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Howdy folks! So for Halloween this year I was trying to find a character that had longer hair since I've grown mine out since last year. Well I was channel surfing and stopped on TMNT, more specifically the fight between Raph and Casey Jones. BOOM Casey Jones, perfect.

So I decided to go the pepakura route with DungBeetle's awesome Casey Jones mask file. Well what a mess when it comes to pepakura and Mac! I ended up having a friend print the files for me but when I got home I looked at all the pieces and realized I'm and idiot, I need the viewer! So I spent several hours over at my buds house folding, cutting and gluing while he played GTA V.

So right now I have the mask all put together and I'm ready to resin! A special thanks to my previous service with a tactical rescue team for this sweet respirator I didn't have to buy!

CJbuilda.jpgCJbuildb.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Goongala! Goongala!

I've got both sides brushed with resin! For once I think I wont have to rush my costume for Halloween.

CJbuild.jpg

Mixed up some Rondo and coated the inside. This is my first crack at pepakura and fiberglass resin/bondo and so far it's been pretty positive experience, fingers crossed.

image.jpg

I managed to find a suitable under shirt from H&M I'll post a pic when it's out of the wash. I also have a jean jacket on its way that I'll have to take the sleeves off of. I'm thinking about making my own golf bag so I don't have to lug around a real one.

I managed to find a suitable under shirt from H&M I'll post a pic when it's out of the wash. I also have a jean jacket on its way that I'll have to take the sleeves off of. I'm thinking about making my own golf bag so I don't have to lug around a real one.

I am interested in knowing some details about your under shirt. I am having a hard time finding one in my little corner of Australia.

I am interested in knowing some details about your under shirt. I am having a hard time finding one in my little corner of Australia.

I'm going with this H&M Henley. It has a weathered look to it, I think it will work.
hm.jpg

Small update. I've been bondoing / sanding and I think I may be close to finishing this little guy up!

goongala-goongala-casey-jones-halloween-2013-wgfe.jpg-236979d1380334234

Attachments

• wgFE.jpg
    wgFE.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 3,073
Last edited:
Looks good, I did the same for my second cosplay at comic-con and found a golf club bag full of clubs for 5 bucks and a hockey stick for 1.50 at savers. Just FYI for when you go looking for props.

Looks good, I did the same for my second cosplay at comic-con and found a golf club bag full of clubs for 5 bucks and a hockey stick for 1.50 at savers. Just FYI for when you go looking for props.

Wow! I'm almost to the point where I need to find the equipment or build it. I was thinking of making my own golf bag. Maybe just make the handles of the equipment out of wood and sticking them out of the top. But if I can find a deal like that, I'll jump on it.

Finally finished! I decided to make a back up costume just in case I couldn't finish this in time well I decided I'm going to wear the back up instead. So if anyone is looking for quick costume I'll post a link to the auction in the junkyard.

image.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back