Suggestion Good gawd, look at all the stuck posts!

Rylo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Can't we just have a bulletin board or the like for whatever is considered an important post? I mean, a third of the front page is 'stuck.' Just mildly irritating to have to scroll down half a page to get to a fresh post.

Between the banner, misc introduction content and then the stuck posts it's just feeling cluttered.

-Rylo

Yep, a simple update area with this sort of thing would be nice. I don't mind one or two stuck posts, but I don't get the importance placed on a couple of these topics. I mean if they were popular they'd stay on the first pg. or two anyway.

That said, a community bulletin board would take care of this.

This is of course a suggestion for down the road once the staff has caught up from the recent hack.

I was just tossing it out there while I was thinking about it.

-Rylo

I think what would really help is a similar idea to what they did last year with the prop parties.

Stick a thread that has all the prop parties in it (currently there are three threads going, two of them are stuck).

Then make a sticky for the contests (currently two stuck).

Then re-stick the Secret Santa (which was just unstuck) for another 1-2 weeks while we wrap things up, still trying to tie up some loose ends!

Unfortunately, putting all the prop parties in one thread killed the prop party participation... it didn't work as we had hoped. There are going to be times when we have 2 or 3 prop parties stuck, but most of the time there will be none.

The Secret Santa thread was unstuck because we no longer need to make sure that all members are aware of the "event". Anyone that is still owed something knows that the thread exists, and since we don't prune/delete any threads from the prop forum, it isn't going anywhere. Give me a couple of more days and we will get to your "list", and see if we can get that taken care of.

We have plenty of ideas about where to put contests, parties, events, etc., and since the last prop party idea didn't work out, we were going to try some new ideas... then, well you know, certain stuff when to the back burner for obvious reasons.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back