Gold paper for wonka ticket printout

Pitbull

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Looking for a good inkjet gold paper to print out my golden ticket.Anyone have any leads or suggestions to an accurate like paper used in the film?.

I realize this thread has long been dormant, but I am intensely interested in finding screen accurate printable paper for my wonka golden ticket. Everything previously suggested, and from what I've searched for via the Internet, is either the wrong color (incorrect shade of gold), incorrect texture (not reflective or glossy enough), is a label, or is only single sided. Has anyone had any success sourcing the correct material?

If I receive no response from this post, I may try creating a new thread. I hope that is OK, I'm new to the forum.

Doesn't the 2 labels stuck back to back make the ticket a bit stiff? Based on the crumple pattern in the screen version, it appeared to be heavier than art foil, but lighter than card stock. I saw somewhere that someone used gold coated aluminum foil or maybe it was aluminum coated gold foil. But I can't seem to find anything like this that is printable (at least not with a laser printer). If I can't source the latter I may try the 2 label thing. At least it will have the correct color and reflectivity. Thanks for the quick response.

Last edited:
I used gold foil christmas wrapping paper glued back to back. It's still lightweight and prints on laser jet

Doesn't the 2 labels stuck back to back make the ticket a bit stiff? Based on the crumple pattern in the screen version, it appeared to be heavier than art foil, but lighter than card stock. I saw somewhere that someone used gold coated aluminum foil or maybe it was aluminum coated gold foil. But I can't seem to find anything like this that is printable (at least not with a laser printer). If I can't source the latter I may try the 2 label thing. At least it will have the correct color and reflectivity. Thanks for the quick response.

Are you adamant to make them yourself? If you are just looking for one to display.... head over to the junk yard here, under the “project runs”, and search “wonka”. You will find a guy named Roland selling sets (you get two tickets and one bar for a very reasonable price). His bars are screen accurate, as are his tickets. I highly suggest these as they are the closest to the real props.

Thanks Moviefreak, I just purchased from Roland. They are exactly what I was trying to achieve myself.
All the others I had seen anywhere else were just poor imitations.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back