Gizmo from the My science project movie

<div class='quotetop'>(prop fan @ Jun 17 2006, 09:05 PM) [snapback]1263316[/snapback]</div>
Has anyone ever tried to make this or have any pics for refference to try to make it. Is it even availabe on DVD ????
[/b]
It is available on DVD. I bought it from Best Buy for $9. (guilty pleasure)

I've often wondered if anyone had given this prop a go. Those plasma globes are pretty inexpensive anymore...

ahhhhhhh.............a truly GREAT movie..
everything that was both wrong and RIGHT with 80's films of that kind..

LOVE IT.......

I've only ever seen it on Video

I wonder if the studio has it sitting on a shelf in there archives some where or plans used to build it, if there were any ???? :( I would like to try to make it but I know there are a lot more talented people here than me :cry

Ron Cobb designed it and I forgot who actually built it.

Never the less it would make a cool Prop to have.

Charles, you've been trying to build that thing for as long as I've known ya. No luck yet? We won't even talk about the Proton packs. :lol

PJ

it is all part of my master plan to take over the world :lol I dont know why I cant seem to get motivated to build the proton packs, it has been years now and I have everything to build 3 of them...I have full sets of the upper and lower shell's, all the add on parts that I sale, the alice frames, the proton guns, traps, goggles, I mean I have all the bells and whistles...all I have to do is basisly mount everything to the alice frame...same thing for my full size R2D2 kit that I have had for 4 years with all the machined parts......Hmmmmmmmmm :confused

does anyone mind if I keep this bumped a little longer....I would like to see if someting can come of this thread and maybe someone will see the post have some usefull info to add. Since we now know who made the prop now, maybe someone can find this person or may even know him and be able to ask questions or find plans to make it, just something to get a little more insight on the Gizmo.

Isn't this a Touchstone movie? If so, then the Mouse has it squirreled away somewhere, that is if it didn't walk away like "The Black Hole" lasers. :lol

David.

<div class='quotetop'>(Cenobyte @ Jun 22 2006, 03:15 PM) [snapback]1266082[/snapback]</div>
I have no idea what you are talking about. Does anyone have an image of it?
[/b]
Here is the movie poster:
479721020A.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(prop fan @ Jun 22 2006, 10:00 AM) [snapback]1265828[/snapback]</div>
Since we now know who made the prop now, maybe someone can find this person or may even know him and be able to ask questions or find plans to make it, just something to get a little more insight on the Gizmo.
[/b]

Ron Cobb has designed many many things for films and is very well-known.

"Alien" and "Conan The Barbarian" are two films off the top of my head.

Larry Albright did the Tesla Globe Effects for the Movie and Apogee is credited for "Special Props" so who knows?

I would love to see a run of the Gizmo.

It is one of my "Grails"

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back