Give me your favorite 2019, 2018 and 2017 film for a chance to win The Making of Star Wars

I am Mother - never even heard of this
Mission Impossible: Fallout - not sure how I missed this one
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - just didn't seem interesting from the trailer but if someone (you) is willing to put it as their film of the year, I am willing to give it a shot
I heard good things about i am mother, I'm gonna give it a try

Oh man... one-off from my list - if 2019 was End Game.

But give it to Darth Anibal for 2017 alone :p (I already have the book)

HA! Thanks, man. I considered End Game. It was definitely a contender in my book, but Joker took it for me, hands down.

Out of those last 2 Avengers films, I prefer Infinity War, though. Logan was a reeeally close second for 2017.

im gonna throw my hat into the ring too,
i love star wars, but not the new ones

so heres my stand out films

2017 Valerian and the city of a thousand planets
2018 Antman and the wasp
2019 Alita battle angel

Alright, peterquill, tell me what it is you loved about Valerian because I don't get the appeal at all!

Alright, peterquill, tell me what it is you loved about Valerian because I don't get the appeal at all!

I am mother certainly is underrated, one that makes you think, i do like this one and the creative design is very cool and refreshing,
i think should be on most peoples watchlist

no worries for this one,
im a sucker for the fifth element and its spiritual successor, Valerian may not be for everyone, i admit its mainly the creative eye candy,
" a guilty pleasure type of thing "
i think we all have them, :lol:

thats what i like to see in films, something refreshing, something i havn't seen before, and something cool, even if it doesnt make much sense ;)

I got the book in the mail yesterday.

IMG_20200419_111300~2.jpg

And I've got to say that just having flipped through it, it's a doozy of a volume. Tons of really cool concept art, pictures of physical models as things went through iterative design steps, and behind the scenes pics I've never seen before.

It's gonna be a lot of fun going through this and reading all the context to go with the art and photos.

Thanks again Art. :D

And to anyone that is debating finding a copy to look through, do it. (y)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back