Gino's TZA RC Fixer build

GiovanniDekkers

I've been busy with this build since Febuary, I'm taking the armor parts for what they are, adjust where I want to adjust them.

As the Republic Commando is a rough Battle Commando , I see sertain flaws in the armor as a nice way to add battle damage, like scratches and dents.

Here's my progress so far, and am pretty satisfied with so far, though I had repainted some parts like the torso and arm parts.

This weekend I will try and finish the legs and start on the pack.

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

rcaa.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

myelbowforearmalignmentb.jpg

There were a few flaws with the helmet, but bondoed them and repositioned the black lines you see, I think it's a matter of adjusting it to your own taste, now that I did I can say it's something which belongs to me more, as I personalized it to my standards.

I hear some bad remarks about the TZA armor parts, but I don't understand the fuzz very much.

I almost have the armor done, the legs are assambled, will start painting them tomorrow, also the extra shouder cap with (armor/ammo on top, I don't know exactly what it is), I will use messing/brown to highlight some details.

4316486294_bcd9ea4171_ba.jpg

Any suggestions on how to do it , are more than very welcome.

Last edited:
Today I did the shoulder add-on,

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

Was thinking about some sandy brown dust or maybe some slight black weathering, but will decide on that when the whole armor is done.

IMAG0480.jpg
This is my shoulder cap, I painted it green first then used aluminium paint on the central part then added the black detailing and then weathered it using a fine airbrush spray of black and dry brushed it with burnt umber and yellow ochre to dirty it up. I then sealed it with matt varnish and dulled it down with fine wet and dry to take any excess shine off it.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back