Limited Run Giant Glowy Display stands for HiCs, costumed mannequins, Astromechs, etc

No. I have everything but not the shipping boxes. I need to do the CNC work still. I'll see if I can start cutting those this afternoon.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ok these are coming in two boxes. Shipping LEDs, film, blocks, cutouts, separate from the CNC parts. Sorry for the delay. Had other stuff going on and had to work out logistics. I haven't shipped yet but they're coming shortly.

The side panel windows, diffuser film, cut 2x4 support blocks, LED strips, power supplies, and remotes are all shipping today! You should have them by the weekend. The four CNC cut parts are in production and should arrive next week.

Post your builds!

0b6388ca114ca06ee120172ffb2ac925.jpg
6728ed91f0c0a82dded8343b5f01436b.jpg
2d133b6d0684552a6fd662ce4cc5cbc6.jpg

The 2nd shipment came today and it was worth the wait! Very clean cuts and I'm looking forward to getting this built!

It's a real quality kit. Thanks for riding along with me getting it created. The cool part is that now that it's done and digital, I can fabricate it on demand for future orders. I imagine people will order them with my box kit, or as they're finishing up a HiC.

It really ties the room together.

I'll likely modify my cut file for future HiC box kits so that the mounting holes in the base line up with predrilled holes in the bottom panel of the box kit.

Whoever mounts theirs first, post the hardware you bought to do so! I'm imagining 4 1/2" boltw, nuts, and large washers.

They're shipped. They'll be there Saturday/Monday FedEx
I'm going to try to get this built before Christmas. I would think most will be using rattle cans. Any thoughts on color. I would like a realistic metallic finish, but not too silvery/shiny.

Zenix, what did you use on the prototypes?

thanks.

Mike

I don't remember; just whatever I found laying around that seemed right.

It should only take a couple hours. It's a really neat build. I sent out extra diffuser material. Plenty. but don't mess up tooooo many times.I think matte side outwards is better.

I don't remember; just whatever I found laying around that seemed right.

It should only take a couple hours. It's a really neat build. I sent out extra diffuser material. Plenty. but don't mess up tooooo many times.I think matte side outwards is better.
Thanks Zenix!

Mike

Hi Zenix, can you validate my second pack was sent and what the tracking number/carrier was please. I have not received my second package yet. Many thanks
Paul.

Hi Zenix, can you validate my second pack was sent and what the tracking number/carrier was please. I have not received my second package yet. Many thanks
Paul.

Oops, I missed you. You were the last order and I didn't grab yours in time. I'll get it cut and sent out to you.

Exciting! I saw someone on TDH posting some preliminary build pics. I can't wait to see some pics of HiCs mounted on these.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back