GhostMinion's Fallout 3d Models and Props

Just got done printing the pulse mine up.

printed pulse mine.jpg

Nice! Are you going to do the pulse grenade? I've had that one in mind to make into a prop every time I play.

Eventually. I modeled the pulse mine some time ago, just finally got off my butt about printing it. Next to print is my frag mine model.

As far as modeling goes, my current project is the Needler pistol from Fallout 2. Pulse grenade would be pretty dope, though.

Last edited:
Cold casting my Ballistic Fists today. :cool

Did this one with aluminum powder and Smooth Cast ONYX. I think the ONYX goes better with the powder for stuff like Fallout props, the part looks dirtier. Note the pictured cast is with no weathering, just a quick buff up with steel wool. You'll see a few surface bubbles there, too. I sort of powdered my mold a little too much, had a few areas effected by that. It's okay, though. These holes will be used for rust pitting when the part gets finished. These look pretty rusty in the game, so that's what I'm aiming for.

onyx cold cast 1.jpgonyx cold cast 2.jpgonyx cold cast 3.jpg

This one I did with aluminum powder and Smooth Cast 325. No tint added to the resin. It looks nice, but is a little cleaner than with ONYX. This would be nice with most props I'd imagine, but as mentioned, the ONYX suits a Fallout prop better. Still, quite happy with it. Hardly any bubbles at all, just a little flashing to clean up.

325 cold cast 1.jpg325 cold cast 2.jpg

Okay guys, need some help and advice...........

Looking for info from those who have finished wearable pipboys. What exactly are you guys using to line or pad out the insides? I'm trying to get an idea on how to line my Ballistic Fist. I need something with a little bit of compression, not too much though. The fit is nice and snug, but it can spin around my arm. Need something to secure it a little tighter to my arm.

Any thoughts or info would be appreciated. :)

I use foam padding with my Pip-Boys. Hobby Lobby has upholstery foam pads in different thicknesses (they should be near the fabric section if yours is laid out like mine). The foam compresses really well and does a good job of gripping your arm.

I use foam padding with my Pip-Boys. Hobby Lobby has upholstery foam pads in different thicknesses (they should be near the fabric section if yours is laid out like mine). The foam compresses really well and does a good job of gripping your arm.

Right on, I'll check out Hobby Lobby this week. Thanks! :thumbsup

A little more progress on this one this weekend. Still needs some more love, but it should be ready for painting soon. Need to finish cleaning up the trim and the grille. Hoping to have paint and rust kits in the next week or two. Also need to modify the glove still. Once everything else is done, I'll add the various screws and rivets. Overall though, I'm very excited with how it's turning out.

I wish I had the ability to freeze time, so I could get more done. With my Ballistic Fists coming together, I want so badly to get the Two Step Goodbye done up. Sadly, it's gonna have to wait. Need to focus on finishing up the Power Armor helmet. Even then, as you can see, still a world of work ahead for it to become reality. But, the day will come. Can't wait until that day.

Edit 8/30/17: Photos for this post were lost due to image host provider failure. Sorry!

Last edited:
Just wanted to remind everybody I have a run going in the Project Runs section for Ballistic Fist kits. This is what you can expect a trimmed and cleaned Ballistic Fist Replica kit to look like:

Edit 8/30/17: Photos for this post were lost due to image host provider failure. Sorry!

Last edited:
Small update here.

Haven't done too much modeling lately. Been working on things already on the workbench, like my Ballistic Fist and Power Armor helmet.

Here's where I'm at with my first of three Ballistic Fists:

weathering.jpg

Still needs a good blackwash. I'll also be adding rust to it. Need to get some padding and start working on the modifications to the glove, as well as add all the screws.

I think I'm gonna try a slightly darker paint on my second one. I definitely want the paint darker for the third one, which will be pretty much display only.

Last edited:
It looks great. What technique are you using for the painting? It looks like a metallic paint with a flat grey over it, and then sanded?

It looks great. What technique are you using for the painting? It looks like a metallic paint with a flat grey over it, and then sanded?

Thank you, good man!

The metallic finish under the paint is actually the cast. I cold casted it with aluminum powder, then buffed it real good to expose the metallic surface. In the earlier pics of the cast, it had not been buffed up yet, looking more greyish than metallic.

I painted with a dark gey, then I use steel wool to wear and weather the paint. As long as the enamel is fully cured, you can use a little acetone to break up or chip up some of the paint as well.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back