Ghostbusters (reboot)

ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
1319101701017224260.jpg

NOTHING will make me like this movie. ANYTHING they do now is to at least TRY and win back some of the hard core fans. and I'm STILL guaranteeing it'll come out just as bad or worse than that Bay Turtles travesty.

But, I WILL admit to liking the basic look. I;m still betting this is not what they had in mind before all the enormous hate piled on them though.

If adding an orange stripe is the worst thing they do, I can live with it! As a die hard fan of the original, I'm actually looking forward to the ladies.

For me, the thing about the original film was, well, "Original". It was clever, funny and fresh. I loved the ad campaign that summer with just the "NO GHOST" signs everywhere. It sold itself.

Seeing "Reboot" connected with "Ghostbuster" just made me a little sad. Mostly that Hollywood keeps recycling instead of trying something new. I guess we shall see what happens.

To the original post, I don't think the costumes look bad. I just think they look rebooted. A half baked attempt at redoing something that's been done before. To me it fall somewhere between "original" and "homage". Problem is, I think these costumes "fall" right in between. Right in the crack, if you will.

Ted.

Ted.

For me, the thing about the original film was, well, "Original". It was clever, funny and fresh. I loved the ad campaign that summer with just the "NO GHOST" signs everywhere. It sold itself.

Seeing "Reboot" connected with "Ghostbuster" just made me a little sad. Mostly that Hollywood keeps recycling instead of trying something new. I guess we shall see what happens.

notice how sony waited until AFTER harold ramis died to push this through. I guess one less rights holder makes it easier. that, and she had no idea WHAT to do with the property because she went after a director for a year who CONSTANTLY said NOT INTERESTED. at least until he brought his own brand of crude women humor to the table. That alone will make me ban this movie for life. If I bother with it at all, it'll just be for curiosity during it's last week run. I fell asleep during bay turtles because I was so bored. lets see if this one can keep me in the theater. you are telling me not ONE director in hollywood would want to take a stab at ghostbusters in the original timeline just because movie two was bad? sorry, not buying it.

it's also funny reading all of the comments on the RPF fb page. Most agree this movie is a terrible idea, but I especially want to go after the idiots who bash the complainers with a high and mighty stance. based on how some replies are worded, you'd think they work for sony! ;o)

I retract my statement. Those proton packs look awful.

Gosh, they are truly bad. You would think after 30 years the props would advance. It's not like it's some insignificant prop, I mean the proton pack is pretty iconic. Like I said in another thread, I hope this movie flops.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back