Ghostbusters live experience in NY.

Riceball

Master Member
For those living in or near NYC, there's going to be a live Ghostbusters experience happening in Central Park this December. I'm not sure what it exactly entails, but it sounds like it might be some sort of AR experience. All I know is that I went to their Stranger Things experience earlier this here in LA, which was a drive through experience and it was really cool. So, if it's anything like that, but with audience participation, I think that it would be an experience worth going to.

Here's a little more info from the CEO of Secret Cinema (the ones who are putting on this event) on what this experience will entail.

Having listened closely to your comments after announcing Secret Cinema presents Ghostbusters: The Gates of Gozer, I wanted to reach out personally to shed light on our reasoning for launching a new virtual format.

Our modest Secret Sofa shows in the early days of lockdown were an evolutionary path out to new waters. These joyful weekly moments were shared and embraced by thousands as we brought our Secret Worlds to your homes for the first time. However, in true Secret Cinema fashion, we want to go much further and continue pushing the boundaries of virtual immersive experiences.

It has taken a little under a year to develop the bespoke technology for Ghostbusters: The Gates of Gozer. It will include live performances and interactions, real sets and special effects, alongside interactive games, motion-triggered filters, 3D binaural sound design, and more.

Ghostbusters: The Gates of Gozer is a new interactive virtual format that COVID-19 forced us to dream up. With a lower price-point, lower age restriction and no geographical barriers, we hope this virtual product will be an easily-accessible format for our audience. However, it’s not meant to be a substitute for the physical shows, with two on sale at the moment and plenty more planned for 2022.

This is a new story, staged inside a bespoke virtual environment that will bring fans closer to the heart of a story.

As we continue to evolve this, and other different formats, we wish that we could tell you everything we have planned, but as you know, we have to hold on to our secrets!

If you have any questions, please contact support@secretcinema.org and our team will be happy to answer them.

Looks like that would be cool to see live in person....but I do not live anywhere close to NYC.
My brother lives about 3 hours away...but I don't think he would make that drive for this.

Looks like that would be cool to see live in person....but I do not live anywhere close to NYC.
My brother lives about 3 hours away...but I don't think he would make that drive for this.
I got excited when I first saw the e-mail since I had gone to their Stranger Things drive in experience and thoroughly enjoyed it. Needless to say that I was pretty disappointed to find out that it was only taking place in NYC. But, I thought I'd share it with the rest of the RPF knowing that there are lots of OG Ghostbusters fans here and some are probably close enough to attend.

Got virtual tickets for 2021 (thanks Riceball!) - seems it will only happen in person in NYC 2022 - pending the interest list for 2022. Either way I will try the virtual this year, and roam around the fountain at Lincoln Center next year, after I get an orange flannel shirt for my jumpsuit

Well, seems there were some technical issues so we couldn’t get into the virtual event, and we should get the refund. Anyone get to see the event?

Sounds very interesting. I was lucky enough to see the live Ghostbusters show at Universal Studios Florida back in the 90s, and it was very well done. But imagine what they could do today with all the better tech for the FX...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back