Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Because I have been disappointed by every sequel to 30+ yeah franchise films I've seen.

tent%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F6%2F2015%2F05%2Fmad-max_0.jpg

119 photos of the new pack!! what i love is how they added the elevator power switch that was never there in the first films lol

...so spoilers are out there now. And, well... OK.

If they hold true, seems like a "good" way to tie in the original GB team, and grant a satisfactory passing of the torch. And the big name actors that AREN'T seen in the trailers but show up in the film? Holy cow.

FWIW, there are two intra/post credits scenes.

I haven't seen anyone post a breakdown of the spoilers yet, just little snippets here and there. Excited to see this, though!

It looks like the press sites that were cheering for the 2016 Ghostbusters aren't too happy about this new sequel. Some of the comments that these media outlets posted make it sound like that this sequel will finally be the sequel that the fans have been wanting for years. It's also funny to note that many of the comments these "journalists" make Afterlife sound a whole lot like the same sort of comments made about the 2016 reboot. It seems like they don't like it too much when the shoe's on the other foot.

Last edited:
The two main things for me are: I'm sad that Rick Moranis isn't in it. I hope, if his prior experience as one of the terror dogs becomes relevant, that he might be in a potential next one..., and also curious whether the film being set in 2014, rather than present day, will be relevant. That was the year Harold Ramis died, and also when the Feig reboot was authorized. Makes the temporal setting of the movie curiously specific...

I'm very curious to see this. That's the thing is if you have a good script then the movie will likely be good or at least your chances are much better. That turd of a reboot in 2016 was downright awful, which is a shame because I loved the cast. I just thought their talents were wasted on a dumb script. Critical reviews are too often bought and sold anymore for early access so I don't put any stock in them. Plus if we go by the holy standards of Rotten Tomatoes, thus says the Lord, it's clear there is a schism between critics and audiences that's too wide to ignore as just being the divide between scholared writers and the unclean masses but more about the critic's own bias towards the studios.

I'm looking forward to Afterlife and while I don't have lots of expectations for it, it would be nice to have a worthy sequel that honors the past films while carrying the story forward in a natural way. In a time where institutions are being torn down and our entertainment is being infested with contrarian garbage that seeks to undermine everything, I think at this point all we can honestly hope for is a decent movie rather than a great one. I will say that everything I've seen thus far with Afterlife looks promising.

Last edited:
I'm very curious to see this. That's the thing is if you have a good script then the movie will likely be good or at least your chances are much better. That turd of a reboot in 2016 was downright awful, which is a shame because I loved the cast. I just thought their talents were wasted on a dumb script. Critical reviews are too often bought and sold anymore for early access so I don't put any stock in them. Plus if we go by the holy standards of Rotten Tomatoes, thus says the Lord, it's clear there is a schism between critics and audiences that's too wide to ignore as just being the divide between scholared writers and the unclean masses but more about the critic's own bias towards the studios.

I'm looking forward to Afterlife and while I don't have lots of expectations for it, it would be nice to have a worthy sequel that honors the past films while carrying the story forward in a natural way. In a time where institutions are being torn down and our entertainment is being infested with contrarian garbage that seeks to undermine everything, I think at this point all we can honestly hope for is a decent movie rather than a great one. I will say that everything I've seen thus far with Afterlife looks promising.
I feel exactly the same way

I feel exactly the same way
Well, it's not even just the bad script. They were pretty much given free reign to improvise like maniacs and well, look what that for the 2016 film on top of the crappy script. I like the cast too. All talented, all funny, but the movie was a mediocre disappointment. That wasn't because of the all female cast, it was because the script etc sucked.

Well, it's not even just the bad script. They were pretty much given free reign to improvise like maniacs and well, look what that for the 2016 film on top of the crappy script. I like the cast too. All talented, all funny, but the movie was a mediocre disappointment. That wasn't because of the all female cast, it was because the script etc sucked.
Agree, I’m not gonna lie I laughed a few times through it.

I hate being a negative Nelly… I’m really hoping to enjoy afterlife

But the more and more I see im just like “why?” I have “a force awakens” feeling about this one

Praying im wrong, I just can’t see any ghostbusters movie without egon

I want to love it. I really want to be able to find something truly great in the continuation of one of my favorites but history has taught me to approach with caution. So far I haven't seen anything that I left me with an uneasy feeling in my stomach. But I'm going to aim low and just try and enjoy myself as best I can.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back