Ghostbusters Afterlife "Spirit" Proton Pack

kyle0914

Hey all, it's been a while.

Wanted to share my budget "Afterlife" pack I have been working on. Picked up one of those Hasbro plasma series wands last fall and figured it needed a pack to go with it. a few more tweaks might be needed but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

The design is loosely based on the pack from the new movie. (time will tell how close I got)

Built using the Spirt Halloween pack so clearly, the scale is a bit off, it's more a fun toy than a proper replica. Gutted the original lights and sounds and went with a frankengeek lights only kit for the lights, Bluetooth speaker to pack humming and music, and the Hasbro wand for firing sounds.

Anyways here hoping we can see the movie this november

MyBx5Ns.jpg

hcQCgff.jpg

5c7qFZE.jpg

12pyzDD.jpg

Looks pretty perfect to go cosplay with. Better than the Anovos 4K version that'll never get produced.
Thanks. Yeah I had a full sized fairly accurate pack years ago, but it was always a bit of a headache to take out to cons and on Halloween as it was always getting snagged on things and bulky and in the way. This is WAY more manageable at crowded events.... at least I assume it will be once there can be crowded events again.

That’s awesome. I just connected afterlife wand to my spirit pack last night. My light mods are coming next month. Like you my wife n i are really hoping there events later this year. NY comic con, plus the movie coming out a month before, is my hope. Then pop over to the station for pics.

That’s awesome. I just connected afterlife wand to my spirit pack last night. My light mods are coming next month. Like you my wife n i are really hoping there events later this year. NY comic con, plus the movie coming out a month before, is my hope. Then pop over to the station for pics.
Sounds like a blast. Visiting the firehouse in New York was a really cool experience, if they have the doors open you can spot the sign from the second movie they have it on the wall.

Great job!! I was thinking about doing this, but I'll wait till we get more pics of the pack once the movie comes out.
I was on the fence about moving forward with the afterlife mods. The pack I modeled mine after is a fan-made pack made by someone who has photos of the legit film used prop. I was hesitant to go off just that until some behind-the-scenes stuff came out and while we get a limited view of the new pack, the parts that are shown line up exactly with the fan-made afterlife pack on Instagram.

GBfans.com photos of afterlife proton pack

quixoticdoctor's pack on Instagram is what I used as a reference for my afterlife pack. So far everything on his pack has been true to official photos

Instagram proton pack

Your pack was the inspiration for my son‘s Ghostbusters Afterlife costume we are building him for Halloween.
Can you list what mods you made? We already have the wand and are waiting for the pack to arrive.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back