Ghostbusters afterlife ecto goggles

Tobot

After being out of the game for several years , ghostsbusters afterlife has stirred something in me :)
BDC3BE61-C6B3-48FF-95C0-C5A5A3AFCE3E.jpeg
Doing a parts identification on the new afterlife goggles and I’ve hit a brick wall with the part circled in red in this picture 704BF530-EECA-4E34-BA3B-0D14E03AA946.jpeg

It appears to be some kind of camera flash or range finder , I’ve spent a couple of days googling and the closest I can find are vintage Leica or Fuji cameras but no exact matches .
The part circled in green I’ve managed to ID as the internals of an instax mini 9 camera .

BDC3BE61-C6B3-48FF-95C0-C5A5A3AFCE3E.jpeg

I’ll try to add more reference pics as I find the , the serial number on the front of the part relates to a night vision monocular and I believe it’s been applied seperately .

Many thanks for any assistance you can offer , and I’m in the market for a set of accurate goggle frames if anyone can hook me up :)

Should add that I’ve reached out to the afterlife prop master on social asking him too as he appears to be doing a few short videos answering questions about the various key props in the film :/)

Should add that I’ve reached out to the afterlife prop master on social asking him too as he appears to be doing a few short videos answering questions about the various key props in the film :/)
I’ve been watching him too, amazing sony is letting him say and show so much

I think it shows how much they’ve truly made this one for the fans
One thing that caught me was he was explaining about the RC traps… the driver wasn’t there one day for it.. so he actually drove it

There was a accident and the ecto1 drove over the RC trap blowing it up

He made a comment about how Reitman was laughing and saying it was awesome, he was so afraid because each RC trap cost 10k

I always thought prop makers were starving artists lol

I've been looking at Ben Eadie's Tiktoks and he mentions this prop. He said the flash module is from the Instax referred to above, but that the frame holding the flash was a custom build. However, he doesn't say what the frame is actually from.

I've been looking at Ben Eadie's Tiktoks and he mentions this prop. He said the flash module is from the Instax referred to above, but that the frame holding the flash was a custom build. However, he doesn't say what the frame is actually from.
He’s been posting some great info, he then shares it on IG but on IG it cuts off since I guess TikTok has a longer run time.

I don’t have TikTok so when watching on IG he almost gets to the part I’m waiting to hear and it cuts off like almost every time LOL

I wanted to know about the PKE but apparently they laser scanned the orignal (which is in private hands) and 3d printed them

Anyone else know anything about the pke?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back