Ghostbusters (2016) (Post-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Letter Media had the best review/ response to the controversy behind this movie. If you haven't watched it yet, look it up.

Wow. Really? They are trying to shut down a site that involves peoples income and livlihoods over negative reviews. Like, actually made a petition. And youre comparing that to people that post in this thread? On a forum!? Regarding their opinions? Trying to get your jabs in any way you can huh? :facepalm

Some people in this thread are doing the same thing because of positive reviews.

All talk concerning executives and people involved in the movie and how they should not be in the business because they greenlit or worked on the movie? Are people even reading the thread? There may not be a petition but only because they did not think of it first hehe

Wow. Really? They are trying to shut down a site that involves peoples income and livlihoods over negative reviews. Like, actually made a petition. And youre comparing that to people that post in this thread? On a forum!? Regarding their opinions? Trying to get your jabs in any way you can huh? :facepalm

we didn't even go two pages this time. It's a new world record! ;o)

finally, a site not afraid to call it a flop ;o) . interesting piece at the top of their article though in the update.
seems a bunch of pro feig people came in and overloaded their site for a bit.

http://thegg.net/articles/paul-feigs-ghostbusters-2016-flops-really-hard-at-the-box-office/

also, apparently the toys are starting to vanish from shelves, from those few stores that actually stocked them. still havn't spotted them in anything b ut a walmart around here.

we didn't even go two pages this time. It's a new world record! ;o)

finally, a site not afraid to call it a flop ;o) . interesting piece at the top of their article though in the update.
seems a bunch of pro feig people came in and overloaded their site for a bit.

http://thegg.net/articles/paul-feigs-ghostbusters-2016-flops-really-hard-at-the-box-office/

also, apparently the toys are starting to vanish from shelves, from those few stores that actually stocked them. still havn't spotted them in anything b ut a walmart around here.

Neil, not to be out done:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/08/03/no-ghostbusters-hasnt-made-back-production-budget/

Only the orignal GB toys are selling. At least from Walmart the original figures are selling. The reboot toys play the role of peg warmers.

All talk concerning executives and people involved in the movie and how they should not be in the business because they greenlit or worked on the movie? Are people even reading the thread? There may not be a petition but only because they did not think of it first hehe

There is a difference between protesting an artist over disagreements with his work, and protesting the free exchange of public info about it.

I don't recall anyone calling for the firing of low-level people who worked on the movie, no. Some of us might not mind seeing a more mindful guard at the top of the creative ladder at Sony, but at least that's directed towards individuals directly responsible for the top-level decisions made here. I don't see that as commensurate with starting a no-chance-in-hell petition to take down an unbiased, unrelated third-party website which aggregates reviews from people who didn't like another movie...

I dont know how to put in pictures, but I would put a pic of Mr. Fantastic cause thats a streeetttcchhhh. People saying people should be fired over something that not only cost a bunch of people money, and ruins peoples fandoms are rightly deserved. But talking about taking down a website because a few vocal fans disagree with the critics on the site? Cmon. Seriously.

http://www.mercurynews.com/movies/c...ighlight-negative-perception-female-led-films

8-4-2016 1-32-30 PM.png

I am interested to see how the women rating male movies compares.

I never saw the original movie, so i'm not attached to it....but.....how DOES a guy play a mermaid?
sigh....

a) Technically, a merman.

b) Ever been to Thailand?

It's seems to me this is going to the norm for a while. For most of film history, both the industry and the storylines have been male dominated. Especially in action films, women were relegated to supporting roles and those in need of rescue. In the 80's you started seeing strong female roles, and everyone made a big deal about. Now the trend seems to be role reversal: Take a film and reverse the genders of the key players. We'll probably see that for a few more years and eventually it'll balance out. Then we'll just see well written characters (hopefully) without any regard for their gender, except where it serves the story.

I dont know what youre trying to say by posting that infographic, other than they are both pretty close, with the exception of ghostbusters and sex and the city? why would you think a bunch of guys would rate Sex and the City as high as the women?

they wouldn't... because most movies for women at this point are geared towards women. men just don't care for stuff like that most of the time. hence, the lower rating.

comparing a sex and the city rating versus ghostbusters is like comparing.....gilmore girls to beavis and butthead. men are obviously going to rate one higher. doesn't make one better than the other, of course.

People saying people should be fired over something that not only cost a bunch of people money, and ruins peoples fandoms are rightly deserved

Huh? It is ok for someone to get fired because a PORTION of fans don't like what was put out there? Ok, I guess we know where the line is now.

Huh? It is ok for someone to get fired because a PORTION of fans don't like what was put out there? Ok, I guess we know where the line is now.

Yep, that's how life works.

Directing a big summer remake is a job. Pascal and Feig were employees of Sony. There is creativity involved but it's very much a commercial endeavor.

Pascal & Feig didn't deliver on what should have been a very easy part of their job requirements. They were handed a well-loved existing franchise very ripe for a remake and all they had to do was not drop the ball. They dropped it.

Last edited:
Pascal & Feig didn't deliver on what should have been a very easy part of their job requirements. They were handed a well-loved existing franchise very ripe for a remake and all they had to do was not drop the ball. They dropped it.

If a majority of reviewers and people who watched it enjoyed it how did they drop the ball? Not making enough money is an entirely different issue.

Ah whatever this topic is toast, I'm going to participate in another thread where people think movies should only cater to super fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back