GhostBuster Trap (FINISHED 8/10/11) (PIC HEAVY!)

Sir, NICELY DONE!! I'd like to do the same someday. With four kids and 3 other hobbies, it'll be a while. I would like to know how much the total cost of this trap was after all was said and done with, if you please. Thanks! :love

DrLogic

It was about $350. The is spent about $120 on select red oak wood, I could have made it out of MDF but I wanted something that could take a beating. The light kit was $37 from Jupiter Electronics, Servos were $60, and the servo controller board was $55 from Hyperdyne Labs.

The video was GREAT. You really captured the holy grail here with an accurate trap that is fully functional. My one bit of advice would have been to use some putty to hide the woodgrain a bit, but I don't think it takes too much from how fantastic this is.

The video was GREAT. You really captured the holy grail here with an accurate trap that is fully functional. My one bit of advice would have been to use some putty to hide the woodgrain a bit, but I don't think it takes too much from how fantastic this is.

Ya I get that critique a lot. I figure one of these days Ill fix it.

For those you wanting to know more about how the doors open and close here's a diagram of how I did it.

p1010628copyi.jpg

1. HyperdyneLabs Ghost Trap Door Controller Board

2. (Red & Tan Wire) Door Control Switch Wires. This is wired to my D-Sub Connector, then ran through the black tubing to the hidden switch under the pedal, which opens and closes the doors.

3. (Black & White Wire) Main Power Switch Wires. This is wired to my D-Sub Connector, then ran through the black tubing to my "ACTIVATION" switch, which turns the power for the servos on and off.

4. (Red & Black Wire) Hook up for 9 Volt Battery.

5. Black switch. This controls how fast the doors open and close, two settings are programmed fast and slow. I used the fast setting in my demo video.

6. (Yellow, Red, & Black wires) This is the servo Y-Cable connector that is plugged into the main 3-Pin connector on the Controller Board.

7. (Yellow, Red, & Black wires) These two sets of wires are the servo wires they plug into the Y-Cable. Be sure to plug them in so that all the colors connect to the corresponding wire on the Y-Cable (Yellow with Yellow, Red with Red, Black with Black) doing this incorrectly can damage the servos.

8. The Servos

9. (Red & Tan Wire) Optional wiring to hook up the HyperdyneLabs Light kit, which I did not do.

To open the doors I used paper clips attached to some hex nuts I epoxied to the underside of the doors.

p1010622t.jpg

p1010625t.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back